MMSI: 42
I think your idea od a Ribnet issue hold water
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2005, 11:25   #42

Town: Flensburg
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DT75 ?
Interesting thread. I`m currently in the process of setting up a page dedicated to ribbing, inflatables and anything that has to do with it. ( How-to, tests, presentations of own rig, trips, news and so on) It`ll be in german though, because as you can tell, english is not my primary language- in case somebody from the Uk would be willing to re-work and edit english articles- why not? The page I intend to make or better: maintain will be something that should mainly be made by boaters for boaters and to be honest, I have big doubts wether it will ever work out. The problem is to get people to sit down and really write something that`s a bit more than just 3 sentences in a posting! I`ll not open just another forum, there are quite too many already and with forums itīs pretty much like with the cooks: Too many spoil....
What would really be of interest for me ist this: How many of you would do a small yearly contribution ( letīs say 5,-UK) to keep such an INDEPENDENT site up and running? Everybody complains about heavy advertising in those very, very special magazines, but how else should costs be covered?
It would be an online mag where everybody will be allowed to issue articles- as long as they are not personally offending, insulting or just hidden ads. No discussions on that platform though- we have quite enough forums to do so.
Would be great if I could get some answers here...

greetings,
ribfreak