Old 17 August 2010, 13:50   #31
DGR

Town: Barmouth
Boat name: Blue Marlin
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo 2X
MMSI: 235020218
My 7.8 is quite stern heavy - what with a Yanmar 315 lump in the back end - and she sits deeper in the water at the stern than yours . Can someone point me in the direction of a good Lenco supplier - the 'distributors' listed on their website aren't very helpful - and only seem to carry limited kits and accessories.

D...

Old 18 August 2010, 00:40   #32

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR View Post
My 7.8 is quite stern heavy - what with a Yanmar 315 lump in the back end - and she sits deeper in the water at the stern than yours . Can someone point me in the direction of a good Lenco supplier - the 'distributors' listed on their website aren't very helpful - and only seem to carry limited kits and accessories.

D...
I found the same when looking for mine, I eventually got them from a US seller on ebay called Medetech just PM him on ebay with what kit you want and he will sell direct.

A current item number that links to him is 330460106458.

Good service and quick shipping not sure how the warranty works as I suspect you would have to ship back to Lenco US if you had a failure however worth the risk in my book.

Chris

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2010, 11:23   #33
DGR

Thanks Chris - I'll do that.

D...
Old 18 August 2010, 14:05   #34
RIBnet supporter

Town: Tisted Hampshire
Boat name: Hot Lemon
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
MMSI: 235
Send a message via MSN to LURCHER
Tabs

I have an Humber 8.5m with a Volvo Kad44 and when we got her I had to stand on a beer crate (Grolsh seem to make the sturdiest ) to see when going at displacement speeds , have now fitted Bennet tabs and we can now see where we are going! It also get up on the plane faster and when we have fat friends on board we can trim them out laterally . I try not to carry fat people as it does our street cred no good .
Old 18 August 2010, 15:13   #35

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCHER View Post
I try not to carry fat people as it does our street cred no good .
but if you had ballasted em right, around the boat , might have saved you carrying a beer crate .. or to put it another way .. if they dont lose it .. use it
Old 18 August 2010, 16:07   #36
DGR

I always used to place the heaviest items of self loading cargo towards the front - it made a big difference...
Old 18 August 2010, 18:44   #37

Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR View Post

D...
nice boat dgr, i am the scruffy looking midlander who was asking you about storage in the yacht club pound about a week ago, do you know any campsites in your neck of the woods that will let you pitch a tent and park your boat and trailer next to it?
most seem to not want boats on campsites,
Old 19 August 2010, 08:11   #38
DGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
nice boat...
Thank you!! I've spent more time cleaning her this year than actually using it - too much time spent DIYing at home...

On the campsite question - I think that the main reason why they are reluctant to let you keep your boat by the tent is that it will take up room where tents could go!! Your best bet would be to ring round and ask to see what they say - good options would be Hendre Mynach (01341 280 262) which is at the end of the prom, or Caerddaniel/Trawsdir (01341 280 611) which is a bit further out of town, but they are more geared up towards boaters, as they allow beach launching from there. They also have a boat compound where they might let you keep the boat if there's room. Roy (Mr Osprey) runs his boats out of there, and is often seen in the harbour...

Alternatively, give the Harbour Master (01341 280 671) a call - you could put your RIB on a visitors mooring, and the local ferries provide a water taxi between 10am and 5pm ish (sometimes longer hours). If you are already a memebr of a Yacht Club elsewhere - or any other RYA affiliated club (dive club maybe?) then you could keep it in the Yacht Club compound for a fee - but I don't think it's that expensive.

I hope this helps!!

D...
Old 19 August 2010, 14:02   #39
DGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
......I eventually got them from a US seller on ebay called Medetech just PM him on ebay with what kit you want and he will sell direct......
Chris, for some reason e-bay won't let me PM him. I don't suppose you have regular e-mail details for him?!?

D...
Old 19 August 2010, 18:12   #40

Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
thanks dgr, it looks like a mooring and leave the trailer at that caravan storage place by hendre mynach, i tried the two sites you said caerdaniel pound is for static owners on site, the other as you said likes to keep space for tents, other option might be to try a bit further inland, less busy sites might be more amenable and more peaceful,
thanks for you help and sorry for the thread diversion, mark.