Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatster_sr4
Dctucker,

I'm going to rewire the console, put 2 patches on, replace some bow strake, repair the bent steering rod on the outboard (it snags), and replace the trailer among many other little things. .

I'm very happy so far!
well that's the morning taken care of you could knock up the A frame in the Afternoon

Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2006, 03:39   #32

Boat name: The Boot
Make: Avon SR5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
I wish I were that quick Rogue Wave lol. Unfortunately I'm very slow so things will take time.

Well I took the boat off the trailer and put it on blocks in the garage floor.
I have 2 small pinholes that I need to patch as well as replace the front strake and get a new trailer. I found some pics my brother took when I was buying the boat

I'm trying to take more photos but its hard to get decent ones with junk piled all around the boat in the garage

Hopefully she'll be on a trailer and out on the water by May.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.4corner.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	17074   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.4rear.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	17075   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.4corner2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	17076  

Old 18 January 2006, 11:23   #33

Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
Quote:
found some pics my brother took when I was buying the boat
Truely remarkable how different that boat looks in those photos compared to the ebay listing. Some trees in the background make a tremendous difference vs the scrapyard setting it previously appeared in! Some people just don't get basic marketing... which is good for you!

You live in sunny California and won't get the boat done before May?!? Simpy unacceptable, while I'm stuck looking at my SR in the snow!
Old 18 January 2006, 12:22   #34
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Looks it good shape Boatster, would I be correct in saying you now have 3 Avons!!
When you fitting the smart tabs
Old 18 January 2006, 13:49   #35

Hi DcTucker,

the seller was an extremely honest person. All the unflattering photos on Ebay were highlighting all the damaged areas. The boat has a few patches and will need 2 more as well. I agree he probably could have sold it for quite a bit more had he taken better photos though. Overall it a very nice boat I think. The johnson runs like a charm and is extremely quiet contrary to my expectations.

ADS,

for a brief few days I actually had 4 inflatables!! The 13' sportboat, the 13' searider, 10'sib rollup, and the new 18' searider. :O I just sold the sportboat the other day. It was such a nice boat. She will be missed.....

I haven't run the 5.4 around enough to determine if she needs trim tabs. The hole shot seemed fine and she didn't have any porpoising or problems getting onto plane. maybe when I get more hours on the water I'll probably figure out if she needs them. I imagine eventually.

You must trade your sportboat in for a Searider! It is a completely different boat, way more capable. The sportboat was fun but the sr4 is loads more capable I think.
Old 18 January 2006, 14:02   #36
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Hi DcTucker,

ADS,
You must trade your sportboat in for a Searider! It is a completely different boat, way more capable.
I am considering a change to a searider, I would love a 4.7m but theres none around. A 5.4 is probably the way to go though, do love the sport boat though, will out accelerate most things.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RIBBY.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	17082  
Old 18 January 2006, 15:55   #37

Your probably right about going straight for a 5.4 but it is a much bigger boat than the sr4. I love how small and capable the sr4 is. I wouldn't consider selling it. Over here we can park the sr4 at dinghy docks and leave it for up to 3 days in most all of the ports. It makes shooting out to the islands uncomplicated. Plus for the conditions I prefer to go out in the sr4 has handled beautifully. I wanted a sr5.4 for that extra safety when we go surfing out at the islands. Since the conditions could change considerably the extra capability would be a good thing. I would think if it didn't matter for you to store a 5.4 vs a 4 meter I'd probably just go for the 5.4. It seems they're all over the place in the UK. I'm jealous.
Old 18 January 2006, 17:25   #38

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
have you done those blotches yet

Kieron from the Ribshop dropped off some of his Rib Revive. It's good stuff send me your address and I'll send some of it over for you to try.

Did I ever mention I had an Avon 4.7 The beauty of a 4.7 is it fits in a standard ish garage
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2006, 20:01   #39

Do you mean blotches on the strake, hull or the tube patches? I've yet to source the right hypalon for repairs. There are so many little things that need addressing.

Thanks for offering the revive stuff. I'd love to give it a shot.
Old 19 January 2006, 10:26   #40

Town: Warwick
Make: Avon - Searider
Engine: 75hp mariner
Did I ever mention I had an Avon 4.7 The beauty of a 4.7 is it fits in a standard ish garage [/QUOTE]

It may have come up in conversation Rogue...

Speaking of garages - I have just managed to store my 5.4 in a friends garage fully inflated had to push the drawbar in, and the tips of the cones just touch the metal of the door but fits!

Even with limited sea time in the 5.4 I already prefer it to the 4m in the Solent chop much smoother riding - it's not going to accelerate as quickly as a 4m with a 50, and can't stash in the tender mooring at yarmouth but still easy to launch and recover solo and has that pleasing 'action man' kudos