Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 30 July 2010, 14:24   #11
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Little things like knowing the age of your boat when selling it is always a help. I can't see what harm he has done by asking the question on a public forum unless you have something to hide...
The fact he asked the question and didn't buy it blind shows he knows something about RIB's, slating him on here isn't going to make him want to buy it.
__________________

__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2010, 16:32   #12
RIBnet supporter
 
Jizm's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,803
Perhaps the serial no. of boat and motor would be on the insurance policy?
__________________

Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2010, 18:16   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral
Make: Delta 5-5
Length: 5m +
Engine: 75HP Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
Little things like knowing the age of your boat when selling it is always a help. I can't see what harm he has done by asking the question on a public forum unless you have something to hide...
The fact he asked the question and didn't buy it blind shows he knows something about RIB's, slating him on here isn't going to make him want to buy it.
I have nothing to hide. I dont see how repeating myself is going to help.
__________________
Seahunter09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2010, 19:46   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahunter09 View Post
I have nothing to hide. I dont see how repeating myself is going to help.
Well this is true, but then I don't believe the OP asked you to? What really doesn't help in selling someting is calling someone 'out of order' when he has innocently asked third party experts for information that you couldn't instantly provide.

If you have nothing to hide, I fail to see why you would be so annoyed if someone else was able to tell the OP how to identify the age without you needing to provide the serial?

Don't get the fuss. Anyhoo, nice little Delta. Good luck with the sale.
__________________
ooglewoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 August 2010, 13:27   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: SMH Rib / War Shot
Make: Ribtec / Scorpion
Length: 4m +
Engine: 10hp Yam / 150hp opt
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,894
RIBase
Almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgos View Post
The last number shows the year, 09, 10 etc
Last two digits are model year.

The two before give month and year of manufacture.


AABBBCCCCCDEFF

AA = country code
BBB = Manufacturer code
CCCCC = anything the builder wants
D = month of manufacture where A is January, B February etc
E = year of manufacture, 8 could be 1998 or 2008
FF = Model year. 98 = 1998, 08 = 2008 etc


Anyway, looks like the boat didn't reach it's reserve so the seller can now put up the serial number, or confirm the age from it and everyone can bid again!
__________________
Searider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 August 2010, 17:50   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral
Make: Delta 5-5
Length: 5m +
Engine: 75HP Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 15
Anyway, looks like the boat didn't reach it's reserve so the seller can now put up the serial number, or confirm the age from it and everyone can bid again! [/QUOTE]



The boat has been sold this morning!
__________________
Seahunter09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 August 2010, 12:14   #17
Member
 
Country: Finland
Town: Helsinki
Boat name: SR 5.4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Toh1 3,5 Yam 90/2S
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searider View Post
Last two digits are model year.

The two before give month and year of manufacture.


AABBBCCCCCDEFF

AA = country code
BBB = Manufacturer code
CCCCC = anything the builder wants
D = month of manufacture where A is January, B February etc
E = year of manufacture, 8 could be 1998 or 2008
FF = Model year. 98 = 1998, 08 = 2008 etc
Thanks, this might come handy, for other potential Delta's!
__________________

__________________
fun on a boat is inversely proportional to size...sort of anyway
C-NUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.