Old 15 March 2010, 17:46   #21

Town: manchester
Length: 5m +
Just so we don't go of topic
she does not get what she wants i try to encourage her to try new sports and yes it might cost me a few quid here and there but i think it is better than like i said before walking the streets ,drinking,smoking , i just thought a little rib would give her some good fun with her mates in the summer and some independence as she gets older , She did want a 215 hp jet ski and has saved £1500 towards it from money given by grand parents but now she wants a rib which i am quite happy about

cheers
Old 15 March 2010, 17:54   #22

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Lazy C...
Make: Osprey XR20
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2.5V6 200
sorry about drifting off!

She'd be much much better off with a RIB I agree with that! Me and a mate high-sided the latest supercharged Yam at around 65mph last summer, I couldn't walk right for a week!

I take it you have a larger RIB yourself?
Old 15 March 2010, 17:58   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
sorry about drifting off!

She'd be much much better off with a RIB I agree with that! Me and a mate high-sided the latest supercharged Yam at around 65mph last summer, I couldn't walk right for a week!

I take it you have a larger RIB yourself?
Hi yes look at the 585 thread but now getting a 6.4 instead have had ribs for about 14 years and like some one else said threw her of the boat in the sea at 7 and drove of she just went swimming and we were about 4 miles offshore a water babe
Old 15 March 2010, 19:41   #24
RIBnet supporter

Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Engine: 90hp Opti
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
beats 'avin to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue...

WHAT? You had a shoebox??

You wus lucky .....
Old 15 March 2010, 20:05   #25
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
WHAT? You had a shoebox??

You wus lucky .....
Old 15 March 2010, 20:09   #26

Boat name: rib tickler
Make: ribeye 650s
Engine: yami 150
MMSI: 235072416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSTORM View Post
Just so we don't go of topic
she does not get what she wants i try to encourage her to try new sports and yes it might cost me a few quid here and there but i think it is better than like i said before walking the streets ,drinking,smoking , i just thought a little rib would give her some good fun with her mates in the summer and some independence as she gets older , She did want a 215 hp jet ski and has saved £1500 towards it from money given by grand parents but now she wants a rib which i am quite happy about

cheers
quite right

ive had various engines/inflatables for the past 12 years my sons have been brought up with boats (why not we live on a island) also its something i never had the chance to explore when i was a kid.
i have 2 sons coming up for 11yrs and 14yrs i also am not rich but we bought them there own 2.7m honwave and it costs me a phew quid but watching them having great fun is worth every penny.
it also gives them some responability and values.(like cleaning the boat down and understanding why we flush the engine out / washing my car for fuel money)
in my view the younger will learn off the elder and going forward hopefully they will want to carry on with there pals coming down for ago. last year i spun a couple of my eldest sons pals around on the ski biscuit this was new to them and they thought you only did this on holidays in spain and not weekend after weekend around north wales

if it feels right buy and enjoy mate

rib before jet ski eveytime
Old 15 March 2010, 20:23   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradosh View Post
quite right

ive had various engines/inflatables for the past 12 years my sons have been brought up with boats (why not we live on a island) also its something i never had the chance to explore when i was a kid.
i have 2 sons coming up for 11yrs and 14yrs i also am not rich but we bought them there own 2.7m honwave and it costs me a phew quid but watching them having great fun is worth every penny.
it also gives them some responsibility and values.(like cleaning the boat down and understanding why we flush the engine out / washing my car for fuel money)
in my view the younger will learn off the elder and going forward hopefully they will want to carry on with there pals coming down for ago. last year i spun a couple of my eldest sons pals around on the ski biscuit this was new to them and they thought you only did this on holidays in spain and not weekend after weekend around north wales

if it feels right buy and enjoy mate

rib before jet ski eveytime
Thanks all any one wants is a bit of fun she is already running a book in school to pencil when her mates can come plus other kids in the school are now talking about boating ,maybe a few new boaters in the future
opened a can of worms for my self she also wants all the toys lol skis ,wake board, Ringo, banana,and of course a stereo
Old 15 March 2010, 20:31   #28

Boat name: rib tickler
Make: ribeye 650s
Engine: yami 150
MMSI: 235072416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKSTORM View Post
Thanks all any one wants is a bit of fun she is already running a book in school to pencil when her mates can come plus other kids in the school are now talking about boating ,maybe a few new boaters in the future
opened a can of worms for my self she also wants all the toys lol skis ,wake board, Ringo, banana,and of course a stereo
yep
sounds about right mate
and dont forget the bigger barbacue to feed em all