Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 19 March 2015, 15:04   #1

correct tube inflation pressure

Hi,

I have recently bought a new 20hp Mariner to go on the back of my Avon FRB 3.8 and yesterday I got to get the both of them wet for the first time.
It was a little un-nerving to start with as when I started to open the throttle the tubes started to noticeable fold towards the transom , lifting the middle up and the outboard was getting closer and closer to the water.... Scary!!
I immediately returned to the slip way and pumped some more air into the tubes. This seemed to sort the problem out but I'm still not sure that I'm putting enough air in them. I don't want to over inflate them and risk bursting them. I think it has a pressure relief valve on each section but I'm not sure how they work. Do they gradually release of just dump the whole lot?
I was pumping it up to about 2.5.
Does anyone know the correct inflation levels for this boat.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks.
Old 19 March 2015, 16:19   #2

Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Not sure where you are, but google is your friend, have a look for a local Avon Dealer, or ring these guys, they should be able to tell you.

Contact Us
Old 19 March 2015, 20:58   #3

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Hi,

I have recently bought a new 20hp Mariner to go on the back of my Avon FRB 3.8 and yesterday I got to get the both of them wet for the first time.
It was a little un-nerving to start with as when I started to open the throttle the tubes started to noticeable fold towards the transom , lifting the middle up and the outboard was getting closer and closer to the water.... Scary!!
I immediately returned to the slip way and pumped some more air into the tubes. This seemed to sort the problem out but I'm still not sure that I'm putting enough air in them. I don't want to over inflate them and risk bursting them. I think it has a pressure relief valve on each section but I'm not sure how they work. Do they gradually release of just dump the whole lot?
I was pumping it up to about 2.5.
Does anyone know the correct inflation levels for this boat.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks.
3.5 psi is pretty much the industry standard.

Tight is right! The tube should resonate slightly when you tap it with your finger.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote