Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Codders, when are we going to see ya new rib then

Hey codders

when are you going to post the pics of your new rib then, i have been keeping an eye out and not noticed any pics yet but i may have missed em. Have you picked it up yet, when do you get it etc etc
Old 02 November 2005, 01:18   #2

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
They have just fitted the tubes - should have some piccies this week - sea trials in 2 weeks - then I can pick it up!!! Or so I have been told!!!
Old 02 November 2005, 06:52   #3
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting rather bored of the endless "when's your RIB being delivered?" posts.

Some people believe that Codprawn has a RIB on the way, others are convinced it's pure fantasy. Either way, I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the magnificent machine as and when it arrives.

If it hasn't been seen by Easter 2006 then you can start asking again, in the meantime just let it drop please.

Thanks!

John
Old 02 November 2005, 07:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting rather bored of the endless "when's your RIB being delivered?" posts.

Some people believe that Codprawn has a RIB on the way, others are convinced it's pure fantasy. Either way, I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the magnificent machine as and when it arrives.

If it hasn't been seen by Easter 2006 then you can start asking again, in the meantime just let it drop please.

Thanks!

John
John,

i have noticed quite a few times that you will post a remark on a thread saying how "bored" you are getting with a particular subject and asking/telling people to stop posting against it. I find this a rather strange approach in that it gives the impression you are using the site for your own personal amusement rather than leaving a strong element of free speech on here and allowing people to persue areas of interest, that can quite often have people leaving quite a few posts. I have bitten my tongue before when i have seen the "i am getting bored of this now" line appear but this time i feel compelled to speak up. I am sure i am not alone when i speak up on this subject as over the years i have found that usually my views are usually shared by more than just myself.

perhaps the use of another turn of phrase rather than i am bored of this might stir up less emotion....

Hopefully you will find this feedback objective.

I know codders and his new rib is an area of interest as the guy has spoken about it so often that naturally people are keen to find out. I too find it very odd that it is still not ready and suspect it probably does not exist at all and i suspect you feel the same way. The longer it goes on the more unbeliveable the story............but you never know....some very strange people out there.....
Old 02 November 2005, 07:27   #5

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
I find this a rather strange approach in that it gives the impression you are using the site for your own personal amusement rather than leaving a strong element of free speech on here and allowing people to persue areas of interest, that can quite often have people leaving quite a few posts. I have bitten my tongue before when i have seen the "i am getting bored of this now" line appear but this time i feel compelled to speak up.
Don't agree with this take Chris. It's JK's way of moderating his site and he manages this in a very balanced way , allowing peeps to feel great involvement as you and most of us seem to do.

Us
Old 02 November 2005, 07:41   #6

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
Me too, taking the mick as a one off is one thing but he does seem to be being persecuted at the moment.
Quote:
If it hasn't been seen by Easter 2006 then you can start asking again, in the meantime just let it drop please
good idea, but I would hope that he would swing by the Solent on his way home in a couple of weeks so we can go out and welcome him. Perhaps we can have a Ribnet lunch in Yarmouth and a special dish for Scary Des, spit roasted hat marinaded honey
Old 02 November 2005, 07:59   #7

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
....... Ribnet lunch in Yarmouth and a special dish for Scary Des, spit roasted hat marinaded honey
Yes please, but go easy on the honey, I’m on a diet
Old 02 November 2005, 08:05   #8

by the way i am very happy for folks to dis-agree with my comments as well as agree so no issue there from my side at all........
Old 02 November 2005, 09:50   #9

Quote:

I know codders and his new rib is an area of interest as the guy has spoken about it so often that naturally people are keen to find out. I too find it very odd that it is still not ready and suspect it probably does not exist at all and i suspect you feel the same way. The longer it goes on the more unbeliveable the story............but you never know....some very strange people out there.....
The ONLY reason it is mentioned so much is because of arseholes like you dragging up the subject all the time.....
Old 02 November 2005, 09:52   #10

Town: Hampshire
Boat name: Everlong
Make: Botnia Targa 27
Engine: Volvo KAD44
dont think you need to descend into name calling regardless of whether your rib turns up or not or you agree or disagree with posts..
Old 02 November 2005, 09:56   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsina911
dont think you need to descend into name calling regardless of whether your rib turns up or not or you agree or disagree with posts..
Why not? Iy you were constantly accused of lying wouldn't you be rather pissed off???
Old 02 November 2005, 10:07   #12

Town: Hampshire
Boat name: Everlong
Make: Botnia Targa 27
Engine: Volvo KAD44
In your case I'd either do something to prove that your rib exists or completely ignore the posts.
Old 02 November 2005, 10:13   #13
RIBnet supporter

Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsina911
Couldn't agree more, I think the majority, are just interested to see your Rib in the making, ie I posted images of my Avon going together, as did Roy Cruise, even Hugh is starting to post images of his coming together. Surely you must have some images of yours coming together and as the tubes are going on very shortly it must be on the verge of completion. Not having a pop at you just that people are interested and your New Rib has been a very long time in the making.....
Old 02 November 2005, 10:15   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy
Couldn't agree more, I think the majority, are just interested to see your Rib in the making, ie I posted images of my Avon going together, as did Roy Cruise, even Hugh is starting to post images of his coming together. Surely you must have some images of yours coming together and as the tubes are going on very shortly it must be on the verge of completion. Not having a pop at you just that people are interested and your New Rib has been a very long time in the making.....
I HAVE posted pics of my RIB in the past - not MY fault it is all I have....there should be more pics soon!!!
Old 02 November 2005, 10:16   #15

Codders my friend...

i will not lower myself to your level and call you silly names as that is for the playground.

you like to speak on many topics and try to be an expert in all of them and you have been going on for a very long time about the rib you are going to purchase, and the timeframes just keep on slipping......you talk about it freely on here but never...never....never give us any kind of evidence that you are genuine or your rib actually exists....so hence why you get so many questions from good honest people on here. I have spent a lot of time chatting to very helpful folks in person or on the phone as this ribnet pulls together like minded folks which is great.

my post was a genuine one as i was thining you might have it by now based on your previous posts, if you are getting it then it would be great to see it. if you are going to keep it a secret then that is kind of odd as you are the first to share opinions and views. but hey ho

ps so offended i have taken you off my christmas card list...
Old 02 November 2005, 10:28   #16

Quote:
Codders my friend...

i will not lower myself to your level and call you silly names as that is for the playground.
Although you did lower yourself enough to call me a liar.....
Old 02 November 2005, 10:32   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Although you did lower yourself enough to call me a liar.....
I suspect it does not exist is what i have said, i dont think I used the word Liar and i did not call you such. My personal view and the view of quite a few folks i suspect is that it probably does not exist and you seem to do nothing to help us believe that it does exist....what more can i say.

you have created the world of codders and his dreams and put nothing out there to help us believe in you, except endless posts giving your views and opinions on various subjects.

its your hole and you have the spade my friend
Old 02 November 2005, 10:36   #18

Quote:
I suspect it does not exist is what i have said, i dont think I used the word Liar and i did not call you such. My personal view and the view of quite a few folks i suspect is that it probably does not exist and you seem to do nothing to help us believe that it does exist....what more can i say.

you have created the world of codders and his dreams and put nothing out there to help us believe in you, except endless posts giving your views and opinions on various subjects.

its your hole and you have the spade my friend
You may have not used the actual word but you should have done - you are trying to say the same thing......

I have tried many times in the past to explain things but as JK has said - "I am getting rather bored with it"!!!
Old 02 November 2005, 10:43   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
You may have not used the actual word but you should have done - you are trying to say the same thing......

I have tried many times in the past to explain things but as JK has said - "I am getting rather bored with it"!!!
explain with proof and pictures and not words........that will go a lot further. use pics that show for real what you have and be proud of it.

the chinks in the armour are visable for folks to see across the threads

remember not many of us are sharing the same little dreams codders has..

anyway i know you are bored of trying to explain about your boat and JK is bored of reading about it so i will shut up and let the people decide......

mums the word...off to read up on your latest boiler antics now

ttfn
Old 02 November 2005, 10:45   #20

Quote:
explain with proof and pictures and not words........that will go a lot further. use pics that show for real what you have and be proud of it.

remember not many of us are sharing the same little dreams codders has..

anyway i know you are bored of trying to explain about your boat and JK is bored of reading about it so i will shut up and let the people decide......

mums the word...off to read up on your latest boiler antics now

ttfn
If you knew how to use a search facility maybe you would have seen them.....