Old 06 January 2006, 16:46   #1

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Shiver
Make: Zodiac Medline II
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Cobra Nautique 6m or 6.8m?.

Having spent the day at the LIBS, the cobra stand caught my eye. Particularly these two models ( although the 6.8m wasn't there). Has anyone got any experience with either of these two?, or could recommend one over the other. The main attraction of the 6.8 is the front sunpad since it'll be used in the med a sunpad would be useful. Any views/opinions are welcome.

Thanks.
Old 06 January 2006, 19:47   #2

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
I think that Cobra do velour slacks in a matching stripey pattern to match if you buy one. Also they take big arse moulds to contour the big comfy seats accordingly.
Old 06 January 2006, 20:58   #3

Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
I had a 7.5 Cobra which was not up to the rough cruiseing of the Solent but if you are going to use it in the Med it would be great, get the bimi it will be worth its weight in gold also get the battey moved to under the consul, if like me you stuff it big time the stern fills up and water, and shorts the battery. Its not a big job and it dose NOT Affect the starting.
Old 07 January 2006, 08:26   #4

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Shiver
Make: Zodiac Medline II
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Re:

I've heard the cobra gives a particularly hard ride, is this true?. I won't need it to cope with huge all the time but it will need to deal with 1m-1.5m wakes which are so frequent in the med. Related to that, a question of size ( rather than start another thread). Having rented a 5.2m Valiant i found it was too short and ended up bogged down in the swells( v.uncomfortable). Whereas the 6.4m Stylmer i rented was superb, rode across the top of the waves, and i was able to do 45knots in comfort no problem. Then used a Zodiac Medline III, found that it was much more of a big boat to handle. It stuck to the water more due to its weight. Therefore will i find that at a certain lenght ( e.g. 6m ) the handling characteristics change or is it more down to the hull?. I wouldn't want to buy a 6m rib and then find it couldn't cope as well as the 6.4m i rented. I am considering a 6m, i've looked at the cobra 6m and the medline II because they suit my needs best in terms of layout and towing.

I know there is alot of experience across the forum, and the views of owners and unbiased experienced forumites will be more useful than the dealers. Since i am new to ribbing, i'm trying to learn as much as i can, but there's no substitute for experience.

Thanks.