I decided that today would be the day when I'd give my cover a good old scrub.
Plopped it into the bath with some washing machine detergent and started scrubbing away, using a piece of marine ply straddling the bath tub. All was going well untill I started noticing lots of damaged areas that weren't that obvious with the cover on the boat.
It looks like the Sun has done it's damage and that a replacement will be needed in the near future. It's funny you know! The damaged area's aren't in area's where I'd expect to see it and away from console edges and seat backs etc.
I also noticed that once it had gone back on the boat and was pressure washing the cover down, there was damage caused by the pressure washer too.
So it's time to spend some money I guess