Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 15 February 2006, 18:09   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
does dose doel fins on Matts dose work as anti nasal cavitation plates
__________________

__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2006, 19:27   #22
Member
 
Country: USA
Boat name: The Boot
Make: Avon SR5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
not a problem buddy, you can get through it It's character building but once you have the feel for the wheel it's not problem to control
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm sure it will be much more seaworthy than my sr4 so with that I'm plenty happy already. Besides if it were such a bad boat why would they be seemingly one of the most prolific boats around?

With regards to Doel fins I haven't experienced much benefit from them. They just seemed to shave 2 mph off the top end. I am however sold on the Nauticus trim tabs for the sr4. I think depending where you mount them on the transom they may help resolve the chine walk some given they may drag on both sides when fully on plane putting some upward force on both sides of the boat.
__________________

__________________
boatster_sr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2006, 22:05   #23
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Marblehead, MA
Boat name: Bouncy Pumpkin
Make: Avon Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 90 E-TEC
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatster_sr4
I am however sold on the Nauticus trim tabs for the sr4. I think depending where you mount them on the transom they may help resolve the chine walk some given they may drag on both sides when fully on plane putting some upward force on both sides of the boat.
Nice thought, but no. It can still chine walk, particularly if you trim up too much. Somewhat disconcerting, though I've never felt threatened by it. Just have to ease the throttle back and/or trim in a touch.
__________________
dctucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2006, 14:00   #24
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Ireland
Boat name: Ally Cat
Make: Several
Length: 6m +
Engine: Several
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom 19
Best boat to experience chine riding is a 5.4 searider they go all over the place.
Absolutely agree !

In my Military RIB Driving days I had a 5.4 Sea Rider which was slightly over powered with a Yamaha 115.

At WOT trimmed out on flat calm water it felt more like flying a mosquito at low level than driving a RIB !!

Very easy to flick out a dozing tube sitter !

Happy memories !!!

Stuart
__________________
Stuart McNamara
Club Powerboat.ie
www.powerboat.org
Powerboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2006, 14:24   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: Delta 1
Make: Delta
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 90hp Optimax
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerboat
more like flying a mosquito at low level than driving a RIB !!
__________________
JG Marine Services Ltd Specialist Safety Boat Services

Bodfuan Shoot Ltd Traditional British Game Shooting
Jono Garton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2006, 16:15   #26
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerboat
Very easy to flick out a dozing tube sitter !

Happy memories !!!

Stuart
Hehe, lol I secretly would have loved to have done that lol !
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2006, 17:16   #27
Member
 
Country: USA
Boat name: The Boot
Make: Avon SR5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerboat
Absolutely agree !

In my Military RIB Driving days I had a 5.4 Sea Rider which was slightly over powered with a Yamaha 115.

At WOT trimmed out on flat calm water it felt more like flying a mosquito at low level than driving a RIB !!

Very easy to flick out a dozing tube sitter !

Happy memories !!!

Stuart
Should be fun I guess
__________________

__________________
boatster_sr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.