Originally Posted by Polwart
Looks like a builder's hard hat to me, albeit with a nicely integrated visor. I suspect it will feel like one when you wear it too. I suppose it depends why you want a gecko:
- to look "cool" and pretend you are a hard core ribber - FAIL
- to protect you from risk of injury when your head hits the console in a stuff - Probably fail (as builders hard hat is designed to protect from falling objects not your head hitting a solid surface)
- to keep the rain/spray off - probably will work OK if you can keep it on your head.
- to keep your head warm on cold days - doubt there is an "insulation" so probably fails on this count too.
Oh polwart you misery chops! Cheer up. Just thought id share the hat so those who don't want to spend a fortune may have another option.
-Didn't want a yellow one like Draper sell, so happier with white
-Just want it for when we get caught out so my eyes don't get stung to bits with the salty spray and unable to see.
-keeping head warm, not too fussed, but it will undoubtedly help keep it drier, therefore warmer.
-Can only help if we "stuff", better than not having it.
- will stay on as it has chin strap.
Better than not having one, obviously a gecko better, but f*cking expensive.