Old 08 March 2006, 16:23   #1

Town: Mirfield
Boat name: Landrover
Make: Landrover
Length: 4m +
Engine: inoard diesel
channel crossing by Landrover

would anyone out there like to supply a pilot support/ boat to our channel crossing by Landrover?!!!
Most of the Swimming & pilot federation dont do "floating cars & other contraptions" and those that do charge a fortune. We would like to go Dover-Cap Gris-Nez, (i think this is the only route permitted),does anyone know about permissions for this kind of thing?
The "vessel" is proven, Donagadee to Portpatrick in2004. We would like to have a go around the end of April. WHY? The big picture is an expedition from Cape town SA to Cape horn SA by Landrover .The channel crossing is a publicity stunt, all the details and pictures and a short video can be seen on
www.capetocape.org.uk I would love to hear from anyone intrested in involvment in the project,
steve burgess.

Old 08 March 2006, 16:27   #2

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
slightly off topic but one of the guys on here is doing a channel crossing and might be a match made in heaven for you, his boat only does 3 mpg but if your landy can tow him back from guernsey at somewhere above 25mpg i suspect he woudl be a happy chappy. that way you would have your pilot support boat with you, even though you would have to tow it!!!! look for codders
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrover
would anyone out there like to supply a pilot support/ boat to our channel crossing by Landrover?!!!
Most of the Swimming & pilot federation dont do "floating cars & other contraptions" and those that do charge a fortune. We would like to go Dover-Cap Gris-Nez, (i think this is the only route permitted),does anyone know about permissions for this kind of thing?
The "vessel" is proven, Donagadee to Portpatrick in2004. We would like to have a go around the end of April. WHY? The big picture is an expedition from Cape town SA to Cape horn SA by Landrover .The channel crossing is a publicity stunt, all the details and pictures and a short video can be seen on
www.capetocape.org.uk I would love to hear from anyone intrested in involvment in the project,
steve burgess.

Old 08 March 2006, 16:31   #3

Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
slightly off topic but one of the guys on here is doing a channel crossing and might be a match made in heaven for you, his boat only does 3 mpg but if your landy can tow him back from guernsey at somewhere above 25mpg i suspect he woudl be a happy chappy. that way you would have your pilot support boat with you, even though you would have to tow it!!!! look for codders
ROTFLMFAO

Think you've been in too many "chelsea tractor" "soft roaders" Chris, Discos aren't as bad as you think!
Old 08 March 2006, 16:36   #4

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
Yup would be right up my street - Landies and Ribs - shame it's April or we could get some bints as well - then it would be perfect!!!

If only my boat was a bit closer to Dover at that time of year I would be well up for it - Swansea is a bit far to come though - although I could be tempted!!!
Old 08 March 2006, 16:39   #5

Wow check out their Haggulund video - I WANT one!!!

And the Land Rover looks bonkers!!!
Old 08 March 2006, 16:40   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Yup would be right up my street - Landies and Ribs - shame it's April or we could get some bints as well - then it would be perfect!!!

If only my boat was a bit closer to Dover at that time of year I would be well up for it - Swansea is a bit far to come though - although I could be tempted!!!
i bet you have been eyeballing that site seeing how you can mod up your landy!!!!coudl have saved on all that dosh for the rib!

must admit would be interesting to see!
Old 08 March 2006, 16:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Wow check out their Haggulund video - I WANT one!!!

And the Land Rover looks bonkers!!!
i can see the mrs taking the kids to school in that, front compartment looks comfier than the rear one!
Old 08 March 2006, 17:55   #8

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
If you want an amphibious Land Rover why don't you try one like this:

I think that is what is referred to in the LR world as a "hybrid"
Old 08 March 2006, 22:34   #9

[QUOTE=BogMonster] If you want an amphibious Land Rover why don't you try one like this:

That is criminal - funnily enough I once saw something similar on a raft/boat in Zambia.
Old 09 March 2006, 03:43   #10

Town: Nutbourne
Boat name: Renegade
Make: Porter
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140 Tohatsu
MMSI: 235022904
It is criminal. I know someone who wants a nice 90 hard top and screen.

I wonder where he got those military door tops?