Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 March 2009, 16:28   #11
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
Not a spare , but I now carry a self heating all day breakfast meal . Just so when I have to wait for the tide / weather I can eat something hot .
Self heating all day breakfast? Where do ya get them then?
__________________

__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 16:32   #12
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,927
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
Not a spare , .... when I have to wait for the tide / weather I can eat something hot .
Well, perhaps not, but without the Man, the Machine is bollixed. It's amazing how different one's perspective is with a bit of hot tack in the system. Top marks for ingenuity!
__________________

__________________
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:09   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: N. Devon
Boat name: Nutkin Too
Make: X-Pro Defender
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard, Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235095884
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,367
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Self heating all day breakfast? Where do ya get them then?
We use these - actually quite good to eat, unlike some of the versions on the market.

We hold an account with them if any one wants a box or so - we have to order a minimum of 4 boxes (48) to get a decent price, boxes can be mixed or of one style.

Andy
__________________
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:20   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
tossers tube.
http://www.pvrdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catref=EC94

Get one of those cheap and cheerul multi toolkits for your boat keep lashing it with Wd 40 and replace it every two years . Its alot less depresing than watching real good tools sink or deteriorate in the boat; this one might suit you
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pink-Ladies-To...2%7C240%3A1318

spare bulb for your Navlights if you wear specs keepa spareold pair in your tub, and back up your mobile phone before taking it on the water.

I've got shedloads of this stuff (4) let me have a look and I'll see what I have got. I'm only keeping it on a come in handy for someone basis so you are welcome to it.

One point I also carry a clamseal and they look like they would come in useful iif neded but you must drive the boat home slowly to preventthe Clamseal from damaging the toob more also kepit in a plastic bag an wd40 it regularly cos the little pests like to rust in a flare pot
__________________
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:27   #15
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Treerat, that's a good offer thanks. But I think I'd like to try a tin first. Any of the supermarkets sell 'em? One of the worst thing about small open boats is not having a galley. (I is a big bat fastardo!)
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:35   #16
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I was expecting that link to take me to a more interesting youtube
How much of a popeye's right arm do you need to have to get the flow going on one of them?

Quote:
Get one of those cheap and cheerul multi toolkits for your boat keep lashing it with Wd 40 and replace it every two years . Its alot less depresing than watching real good tools sink or deteriorate in the boat; this one might suit you
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pink-Ladies-To...2%7C240%3A1318
Only if you buy it me rougy baby but a good idea, cheers

Quote:
spare bulb for your Navlights if you wear specs keepa spareold pair in your tub, and back up your mobile phone before taking it on the water.

I've got shedloads of this stuff (4) let me have a look and I'll see what I have got. I'm only keeping it on a come in handy for someone basis so you are welcome to it.
another thing I hadn't thought of. Should have thought as I've been searching around trying to find a small LED bulb for my compass! With out any luck so far.
Quote:
One point I also carry a clamseal and they look like they would come in useful iif neded but you must drive the boat home slowly to preventthe Clamseal from damaging the toob more also kepit in a plastic bag an wd40 it regularly cos the little pests like to rust in a flare pot
Clamseal?
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:39   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
This should upset the prefects

http://www.hotribs.com/03press/177-c...l/clamseal.asp
__________________
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:42   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Treerat, that's a good offer thanks. But I think I'd like to try a tin first. Any of the supermarkets sell 'em? One of the worst thing about small open boats is not having a galley. (I is a big bat fastardo!)
No tins - try one of the camping shops. Stick a bit of water in & wait 10 mins and hey presto !

Something like this http://www.hotpackmeals.co.uk/?gclid...FUU_3godYBAKqA

differant companies make them ..... handy for fishing too !
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:43   #19
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
Cheers, just ordered myself one Not bad for a tenner!
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2009, 17:47   #20
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroady View Post
No tins - try one of the camping shops. Stick a bit of water in & wait 10 mins and hey presto !

Something like this http://www.hotpackmeals.co.uk/?gclid...FUU_3godYBAKqA

differant companies make them ..... handy for fishing too !
Will have a gander at them!
__________________

__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.