Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 December 2005, 10:17   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: CROYDON
Boat name: LADY P
Make: GEMINI
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 4 STROKE YAMAHA
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21
Cape Town calling

Back in Cape Town SA. 29 degrees today ribbing is very big here hope to be out in False Bay over the weekend catch some cray fish and have a barbeque on the beach.
__________________

__________________
ribnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2005, 13:33   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Hey Ribnut...

Would love to see some shots of that Gemini playing in the waves there!

Enjoy the great weather in one of the most beautiful countries on the planet.

Us
__________________

__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2005, 04:32   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: CROYDON
Boat name: LADY P
Make: GEMINI
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 4 STROKE YAMAHA
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21
spoke to soon

strong winds so taking rib to dam for some water skiing and tow some inflatable toys for the kids (4 11 13 19). but still 26 to 30 degrees. HAPPY Xmas to all. ps I will take some pictures and post them up.
__________________
ribnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2005, 10:38   #4
Member
 
Country: Other
Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribnut
strong winds so taking rib to dam for some water skiing and tow some inflatable toys for the kids (4 11 13 19). but still 26 to 30 degrees. HAPPY Xmas to all. ps I will take some pictures and post them up.
Theewaterskloof, Rietvlei, Steenbras??
__________________
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2005, 02:44   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: CROYDON
Boat name: LADY P
Make: GEMINI
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 4 STROKE YAMAHA
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 21
Theewaterskloof

Theeswaterskloof. What are the other dams like i live in somerset west i am just about to go out from Harbour Island this morning to try for some cray fish but as always wating for the kids and the trouble and strife.
__________________
ribnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2005, 06:07   #6
Member
 
Country: Other
Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,711
Rietvlei is close, salt water lagoon, dedicated skiing area with ramps and such-like. Steenbras dam is on top of the mountain very close to you, saying that with the lack of rain this year it might not be full enough. Theewatersakoof is certainly the best in the area. If you feel like a drive, Clanwilliam dam is huge and great fun - you would need to make a week-end of it though. My personal favourite is the Breede river, again you would have to make it over a week-end as its a 5 hr drive from Somerset West.
__________________
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2005, 07:05   #7
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribnut
Back in Cape Town SA. 29 degrees today ribbing is very big here hope to be out in False Bay over the weekend catch some cray fish and have a barbeque on the beach.
Raced in the Class III world championships a few years ago - is the powerboat club still going? I remember they were trying to sut it and the slipway down witch would have meant the fisherman would have had no-where to launch as well?

Remember having a great "Bri" at the club!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2005, 16:28   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 823
had the pleasure of visiting clanwilliam with stuart and russel beattie of prestige ribs brilliant place with brilliant people , my kids wanted to emigrate there
__________________
paul tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2005, 17:51   #9
Member
 
Country: Other
Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
Raced in the Class III world championships a few years ago - is the powerboat club still going? I remember they were trying to sut it and the slipway down witch would have meant the fisherman would have had no-where to launch as well?

Remember having a great "Bri" at the club!
Was that when the Jerseyman won?
Where is the slipway you are referring to?
Its a BRAAI, btw


Quote:
Originally Posted by paul tilley
had the pleasure of visiting clanwilliam with stuart and russel beattie of prestige ribs brilliant place with brilliant people , my kids wanted to emigrate there
Clanwilliam and surrounding area is absolutely wonderful, virtually no crime to speak of and some lovely people. This is also where the (dare I mention it)
Falcon ribs are built.
__________________
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2005, 05:16   #10
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct01
Was that when the Jerseyman won?
Where is the slipway you are referring to?
Its a BRAAI, btw


Yes - his name is Roy Smith. The slipway was at the powerboat club - we launched there for the first race and then moved round to the harbour. Good memories and some of the best hospitality ever!
__________________

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.