Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 26 June 2012, 17:37   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 823
Not a Ring or Chasecraft
__________________

__________________
paul tilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2012, 17:49   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dereham
Boat name: Alexandro
Make: I'd love to know
Length: 7m +
Engine: optimax 225hp
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizm View Post
Wildcat?
This has also been suggested to me. In-fact the inside of the boat and the curve at the front of the tubes and the description of the internal compartments within a double skinned hull and the dimensions all look good. But the strakes curve upwards at the front of the Wildcat images i've been able to view, maybe they were different on the older Wildcats.

Also as an additional point it has also been suggested that if it is a Wildcat and being of African origin. The water tight compartments with the hatches may have been used for drug running between Morocco and Spain during the late 80's early 90's.
I think this is a bit far fetched but I was curious as to why the two compartments drain out to the Bilge at the rear yet the Anchor locker which is up front drains down the sides of the hull and not through the two compartments, meaning that it has always got about 6 inches of water in it.(this has now been addressed with a drain fitted)
__________________

__________________
derdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2012, 18:05   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dereham
Boat name: Alexandro
Make: I'd love to know
Length: 7m +
Engine: optimax 225hp
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul tilley View Post
Not a Ring or Chasecraft
I am not doubting you, or your knowledge.

However it would be very helpful if you could give a reason for your certainty.so that I can officially strike these off the possibles.

And Please Please remember That assuming the engine is original this could be as old as the Late 80's early 90's, and as with all manufactured products tweaks and improvements over the years can have a bearing on the aesthetics.

For example My Ring conclusion was based on the look of the transom from the rear even though the strakes now curve/flick over slightly whereas mine are flat combine this with the way the v hull falls away into a substantial Pad at the rear then look at the Hulls of some early Ring speed boats, Where I should imagine the rib hulls took there initial design. Then look at the way the inside meets the deck quite high up the tubes and you will see where im coming from.

I never said it was a 2 year old boat but it could be getting on for 20 years, can you still say for certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul tilley View Post
Not a Ring or Chasecraft
__________________
derdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2012, 19:43   #14
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by derdle View Post
I am not doubting you, or your knowledge.

However it would be very helpful if you could give a reason for your certainty.so that I can officially strike these off the possibles.

And Please Please remember That assuming the engine is original this could be as old as the Late 80's early 90's, and as with all manufactured products tweaks and improvements over the years can have a bearing on the aesthetics.

For example My Ring conclusion was based on the look of the transom from the rear even though the strakes now curve/flick over slightly whereas mine are flat combine this with the way the v hull falls away into a substantial Pad at the rear then look at the Hulls of some early Ring speed boats, Where I should imagine the rib hulls took there initial design. Then look at the way the inside meets the deck quite high up the tubes and you will see where im coming from.

I never said it was a 2 year old boat but it could be getting on for 20 years, can you still say for certain.

I suspect he's retubed or tubed most models of both
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 12:48   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by derdle View Post
Also has anybody ever come across this. there are four hatches in total two forward and two in the center of the hull. I am glassing them over but they were originally filled with bolted clear acrylic panels. and each pair are in what seems like waterproof compartments.
Avon used to offer an option on the tenders -'ocean view' which was a clear panel in the hull but this is the only RIB I have ever heard of with this fitted.

The internal deck fitting is much higher than most/all other RIBS which would have me think its a one off built by a very exacting individual if its as good a standard as you say.
__________________

__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.