Old 29 July 2012, 21:01   #1

Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50
Busy day in Swanage!!

Out on the thundercat in swanage bay watching the red arrows which were great! Towards then end of the day though things started to happen. got launched out of the boat after hitting a huge wave & landed almost sideways! luckily had a kill cord which cut the engine but i had a good 20m swim back to the boat then just as we were about to go home we noticed a fair sized cruiser being towed by a small 20hp RIB which was going nowhere in the wind! i took over tow & took them to the mooring but in the process my throttle cables came off & the tow cable came off. finally got it back on though and secured it all & everyone was safe! then as we headed back in, a boat we earlier saw heading out came back in without an engine cover, a crew member covered in blood which was also being towed. they then beached the boat where paramedics & the coastgaurd had them air lifted to southampton hospital! Hope they are all ok & glad there was people to help them out
Old 29 July 2012, 21:10   #2

Town: Poole
Boat name: Half Cut
Make: Cobra 8.6
Length: 8m +
Engine: Verado 275
MMSI: 235104619
Saw you out there, black and white Thundercat? Sounds like it got interesting later. I left straight after the show (you shot past me). Hope everyone is OK.
Old 29 July 2012, 21:34   #3

Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Engine: Tohatsu 50
did you!? it has a white & red engine cover and a union jack? I think the crew member had a head injury but not sure i didnt really stick around.

Swanage Coastguard
Old 29 July 2012, 21:57   #4
RIBnet Supporter

That reads as though she headed the engine cover on the way out of the boat. Ouch!

"It appears the female was on a small RIB when along with a male the pair hit a wave and both were thrown into the water. Thankfully the helmsman had a kill cord and this stopped the engine, however the female received a head injury in the process."
Old 30 July 2012, 07:57   #5

Length: 7m +
Yep very busy, lots of boats doing excesive speed into a packed bay, (normal situation). I stayed well out of the way and I think I and 250knts had the best view of the red arrows as we seemed to be bang on the display line, took some footage with my Drift HD of the display, will post them on u tube when I get a minute this week.

Glad all ok who had problems. Mr Thundercat had an interesting time, well done for helping out and well done for using kill cord, I see many people without them fitted.