Old 05 April 2017, 05:01   #11

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Depends on the size of the boat..... we can launch at any tide from the beach but no secure storage at launch (some not too far away) smaller boats easier the smaller boat opens up more options. Cardiff you can launch at channel view slip (public) other wise it's the clubs or boatyards. Should be able to lock out at all tides (as long as draft is under 2m according to website)
Nearly got stuck in porlock weir recently and seeing the low tide images on google street view I'm glad we left when we did!
And SARA were called out to 2 jet skis beached on he Severn on Sunday afternoon and they draft a couple of rizla.....

So it's a tricky stretch of water but plenty of options I would composer the traffic and the M5 can be awful getting round Bristol in summer, at least with Cardiff you can avoid the M5 after strensham and take the M50/A449

Yeah and if you've got a Model Boat you can launch it out the Car window without stopping in a few places!

The OP is talking about a 6.5 m Humber...Not so many options believe me..I've lived in the area all my life.
The Bristol Channell is NOT the sort of place to Beach/ Trailer launch a RIB of that size

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 April 2017, 18:15   #12

Town: Cardiff
Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke
We have 4x4 tractors to launch and recover on beach. But a 6.5m probably better off with a marina slip or a berth for the season.

Not sure if Swansea has full tide access to the marina never used it.

Porthcawl call doesn't I don't think, afan doesn't but nice easy slip and has storage (cheap too)