RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Swell View Post
50000 units sold in 50 countries ..... Brig are not a back street manufacturer..the Aussies and USA are their biggest markets
All the more ironic that they use underhand marketing techniques rather than cough up £100 for trade membership here. Would you trust a company that uses fake posters to promote their products?
Old 09 October 2014, 21:03   #42

Town: Beaumaris
Make: BRIG
Length: 6m +
Engine: Ermintrude 115
That's what I like about this forum.....eff all..

But I keep coming back .... Partly because I feel the need to make your (pikey Dave) ....small life, a bit more interesting

Spend your money on what you will .... You might live in a small terrace ... I don't ...you may live in a castle ..?I don't ....but I don't have the temerity to criticise you for where ever or whatever you live in and whatever you have chosen as home.

Some ribs may be better than others... like cars ....but I find it obtuse to criticise others purchases when we are all enjoying the same thing ...... surely it doesn't matter?

I own an old Maserati and go to car shows and I am as interested in the classic ford Capri as I am my own car .....and I don't sneer. I wouldn't buy a Capri but I appreciate that somebody has and what it meant to the development of Ford.

The trouble with these forums is people say what they wouldn't to your face!

Hey ho ......happy ribbing whatever the OP buys ...go with your gut... not this lot.
Old 09 October 2014, 21:12   #43

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Guys guys can we remember the ethos of this forum of helping each other with sometimes banter taken and given but at all times when someone asks for information then it should be objective well founded and not subjective to score points. If we keep to the former then the forum will
Thrive.

Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2014, 21:13   #44

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
You've not heard of Pikey Towers then
Old 09 October 2014, 21:18   #45

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:

Only due to the price of diesel.
Old 09 October 2014, 21:33   #46

Town: poole
Make: lomac
Engine: petrol
Quote:

But I keep coming back .... Partly because I feel the need to make your (pikey Dave) ....small life, a bit more interesting

Spend your money on what you will .... You might live in a small terrace ... I don't ...you may live in a castle ..?I don't ....but I don't have the temerity to criticise you for where ever or whatever you live in and whatever you have chosen as home.

Some ribs may be better than others... like cars ....but I find it obtuse to criticise others purchases when we are all enjoying the same thing ...... surely it doesn't matter?

I own an old Maserati and go to car shows and I am as interested in the classic ford Capri as I am my own car .....and I don't sneer. I wouldn't buy a Capri but I appreciate that somebody has and what it meant to the development of Ford.

Hey ho ......happy ribbing whatever the OP buys ...go with your gut... not this lot.
How have you found the Brig going to Wolf Rock on Saturday morning to have a look at a couple of F500s not wanting jockey seats or anything offshore and its going to be far better than my current 4,5 mtr Lomac the guys on here are real enthusiasts and maybe if i really get the bug will invest in something a bit more suitable for offshore and take the hit on the resale value as obviously you get what you pay for !
Old 09 October 2014, 21:42   #47

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
maybe if you'd posted a few pics of your recent maiden voyage on The Menai and subsequent trips you might encourage a better reception Max, but so far you ain't added many positive waves
Old 09 October 2014, 21:46   #48

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:

Blimey, somebody's tired I thought my contributions to this particular thread had been pretty measured & considered.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2014, 21:52   #49

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyces View Post
How have you found the Brig going to Wolf Rock on Saturday morning to have a look at a couple of F500s not wanting jockey seats or anything offshore and its going to be far better than my current 4,5 mtr Lomac the guys on here are real enthusiasts and maybe if i really get the bug will invest in something a bit more suitable for offshore and take the hit on the resale value as obviously you get what you pay for !
think ribeye do a similar size rib with the option of a bench seat, best of both worlds then n a reasonable resale value
Old 09 October 2014, 22:19   #50

Length: 3m +
Quote:
I own an old Maserati and go to car shows and I am as interested in the classic ford Capri as I am my own car .....and I don't sneer. I wouldn't buy a Capri but I appreciate that somebody has and what it meant to the development of ford
I'm confused. You are comparing classic cars to current RIBs. Not sure there are classic RIB shows. If there were they'd be dominated by SR4s I guess.

But part of what you admire at a car show is how they've finished their car. That's like getting Chris Cartons Rib and the MacRib and the Nugent collection... You know what they started with was a bit tired and then what they made is pretty darned gorgeous. Would I own a Pac22 ... Nope. Would I spend 10minutes admiring Nugent's... Yip.

Now take me to a modern car exhibition. There would be certain cars I'd look at. My car choices are not 'normal' so I may avoid the BMW stand etc. There would be cars I'd look at but never want to own... I suspect some very expensive - Bentley etc. Some 'affordable' but not my kinda car.. I might even look at a Fiat 500. I'd probably spend a lot of time on the Skoda stand.

Where would you not find me... ...the Chevrolet stand. Ugliest cars ever built. They think they are a brand to be proud of in the UK based on their US credentials. But they aren't.

Now take me to a rib show.. I'm sure I'd be seen around the 'out most peoples price range' stands. I'm sure you'd see me around the usual suspects of RibCraft, Humber etc. I like the Rib-X Aluminium range and think it may be the Skoda of ribs. I suspect Brig are the Chevrolet. They have brought a product designed for another market to the UK, thinking they can use the "its really popular in XYZ" arguement.

Now let's be clear in 13 years time I suspect my Son will be looking for a cheap and chearful car. Will I chase him away from a Chevrolet at auction if the price is right and the insurance and maintenance costs look sensible even if the body is ugly, and the engine not as powerful as he would like and the suspension gives poor ride quality. Certainly not. He will after all get more car for his money buying the less popular model.

Boats would be the same... Buy a brig new... Never. Buy a brig second hand from a dealer... Probably not. Buy a brig at auction because it appears at the right time for the right price and I'm not looking for the best boat... Suppose I might. But I'd be expecting more boat for money.

Now in 20 years time I may be sat saying Brig did something for ribs like you might for Capri being the affordable sporty car for the masses. In which case we might all be queuing up for Brigs like people are now for SR4s...
Old 09 October 2014, 22:21   #51

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
think ribeye do a similar size rib with the option of a bench seat, best of both worlds then n a reasonable resale value
+1 for 5m ribeye, you could have it with a flip over bench seat for the helm too if that is your bag!
Nothing wronge with Brig ribs, don't know who was behind upsetting the Ribnet massive as I do not think it was Brig them selves. More likily some internet marketing subcontractor brought in by the UK importers ( not the best move!)
Anther contender if you can stretch to bigger would be a Preditor 5.99 or I see they do a 4.9m Predator - MRL Intro
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2014, 22:46   #52
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne View Post
don't know who was behind upsetting the Ribnet massive as I do not think it was Brig them selves. More likily some internet marketing subcontractor brought in by the UK importers ( not the best move!)

Threatening me was possibly a worse move. I don't respond well to threats...

Old 09 October 2014, 23:01   #53

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Blimey, somebody's tired I thought my contributions to this particular thread had been pretty measured & considered.
Indeed!...for a while I thought there must be a Dopple Ganger on here!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2014, 23:15   #54

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
50000 units sold in 50 countries ..... Brig are not a back street manufacturer..the Aussies and USA are their biggest markets

I am happy with mine ....open your minds... And no bullet holes when it arrived!

The trouble is here ....you don't know what you don't know....

Chin chin
People who DO know just answering the OP's question
If YOU'Re happy with YOUR Brigg that's all that matters!....After all 'Del Boy' was Happy with his Reliant Robin!
....till he got his Capri Ghia that is!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2014, 23:30   #55

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
People who DO know just answering the OP's question
If YOU'Re happy with YOUR Brigg that's all that matters!....After all 'Del Boy' was Happy with his Reliant Robin!
....till he got his Capri Ghia that is!
Old 11 October 2014, 11:07   #56

Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyces View Post
I'm not enthusiastic about this one (and I say that as an RC owner).
The side seat by the console offers no back support at all and I wouldn't want to sit on it at speed or in any sort of sea......that gives you just 2 seats.

I'd also guess it will be stern heavy so will be hard to get onto the plane

The fact it hasn't caught on and is not part of the regular catalogue says something to me.

I'd be looking at an RC5.3 instead or similar.

I'd certainly want to test it on the water before parting with any cash.

Tags
rib