Old 23 June 2003, 14:30   #1

Town: london
Make: avon a400
Length: 4m
Engine: 40 hp outboard
boat insurance

where or ho is the best company to get boat insurance i have a small m4 rib with 40hp how much do you think i should have to pay this is my first boat
Old 23 June 2003, 14:44   #2

Town: Saltash, Cornwall
Make: Rib less:-(
Length: no boat
Ollie
If you do a search on this there was a good thread about a month ago.
Rgds
James
Old 24 June 2003, 08:27   #3

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Boat Insurance

Hi Ollie

I'm currently with Mardon as they were the cheapest insurance with the lowest excess i could find, my boat is slightly longer than yours at 4.7 metres but it shouldn't be much different to the cost of mine which was £120 for a year with a £150 excess and £300 excess on total lose of the stern gear.
At the moment i'm claiming against a speed boater who run over my rear starboard tube and whacked my engine cover on Herne Bay slip way a while back, Mardon have been a little slow to act but in general have been ok, i've had the go ahead to have the work done now and they will chase the third party in the meantime.

One small word of advise.... something i didn’t think about was the write off value of my boat, my engine, trailer and boat is insured for 2k as that’s about what i paid for the it, i've just presented my insurer with a bill for £1200 for a new engine top cover and oil pan and the labour charge to replace these bits....! There was a possibility they may have just written off the engine and paid me out what i estimated it was worth from the initial insurance quote, if this had been the case i'd have only got about £500 which is not enough to replace the engine or make the repairs, thankfully they've agreed to pay the costs and claim from the other guys insurance.

Good luck

Richard