Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 08 March 2014, 12:56   #1
Member
 
pow2gran's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Just Looking
Make: Ribcraft 5.85
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 384
Bembridge Marine - Ribcraft 585

Would you want your rib on brokerage with them?

I would like to move up to a bit bigger rib and have been looking around semi seriously and looking for something around 6m, Tempted to go new but also looking at second hand.

I saw on Boats and Outboards a Ribcraft 585 advertised by Bembridge marine - I replied to the ad but had no response

Gave them a call and the guy said send them an e-mail requesting info which I promptly did - I had no response

So I called them this morning told them I had sent an e-mail and had no response. He said give me your e-mail and I will send details and photos.

Guess what no response! I imagine they must be making too much money too easily unfortunately I have to work hard for mine!

Does anybody know about the RC 585 that they have on brokerage
__________________

__________________
pow2gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2014, 17:42   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Danger Donut
Make: 6.0 rib
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner F60efi
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow2gran View Post
Would you want your rib on brokerage with them?

I would like to move up to a bit bigger rib and have been looking around semi seriously and looking for something around 6m, Tempted to go new but also looking at second hand.

I saw on Boats and Outboards a Ribcraft 585 advertised by Bembridge marine - I replied to the ad but had no response

Gave them a call and the guy said send them an e-mail requesting info which I promptly did - I had no response

So I called them this morning told them I had sent an e-mail and had no response. He said give me your e-mail and I will send details and photos.

Guess what no response! I imagine they must be making too much money too easily unfortunately I have to work hard for mine!

Does anybody know about the RC 585 that they have on brokerage

My apologies for not being so efficent with your enquiry. We are not a broker as such, we just act as a contact for customers who have a boat in our care as most dont live on the iow. Unfortunately the enquires through boats and outboards .co.uk are not appearing on our desk tops which we are trying to sort out. We have had a busy couple of days with some student training going on late last week . You have asked for detailed information including the tube condition which I need to cover comprehensively as it is an older rib. The boat has been in winters storage so we need to lift it down and uncover it. I had planned to do this today but unfortunately we had a burst steering pipe on our forklift this morning. We are now up and running so will sort this for you tomorrow. My apologies again.
Regards Jim Robinson
__________________

__________________
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2014, 18:41   #3
Member
 
cgf10's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Superfly
Make: Shearwater 860
Length: 8m +
Engine: Verado
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 359
I've just purchased a cabin rib via Bembridge Marine, I have found them to be incredibly helpful. I think you'll find them refreshingly honest to deal with if you take your enquiry further with them. Hope it works out for you.
__________________
cgf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2014, 18:43   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf10 View Post
I've just purchased a cabin rib via Bembridge Marine, I have found them to be incredibly helpful. I think you'll find them refreshingly honest to deal with if you take your enquiry further with them. Hope it works out for you.
+1
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2014, 15:39   #5
Member
 
pow2gran's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Just Looking
Make: Ribcraft 5.85
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 384
Jim

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me this evening. Apologies if I went a bit over the top - I was just getting a bit frustrated and increasingly cynical as I get older! Pleased to see other Ribnetters see you in good regard.

Nick
__________________
pow2gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2014, 16:55   #6
Member
 
Country: Belgium
Town: hallaar
Boat name: Bliksem
Make: ribquest
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 106
I met JIm on the IOW bcoz i wanted to see his splendid new hull...excellent information, nice guy and since i was coming from Belgium to IOW mainly to see the shearwater annex new hulls he was always on the agreed appointment and very helpful.
I wish i could have bought the new rib he created that time but economic crises was on so.....the same with me i have to work for the money....
One day i hope to be able to return....
Thx Jim and wish you really all the best bcoz you really deserve more publicity.
__________________
bliksem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2014, 17:17   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Danger Donut
Make: 6.0 rib
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner F60efi
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow2gran View Post
Jim

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me this evening. Apologies if I went a bit over the top - I was just getting a bit frustrated and increasingly cynical as I get older! Pleased to see other Ribnetters see you in good regard.

Nick
No problem, have mailed the owner, unfortunately not answering his phone, be in touch.
__________________

__________________
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.