Old 04 September 2012, 16:29   #81

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
What's with all the ''Bear Baiting guys? His Money-His Rib-His Desision-Oh AND His Great Lifestyle!!... Maybe that's it

Not Bear baiting at all, just find it curious why he's sold several ribs over a very short period of time at hugely discounted prices thats all.

I don't think for one minute that he's that frivolous (sp) with his money even if he is loaded.

I expect there's a very clever reason for him doing it.

Like I said, just curious thats all, no jealousy or sour grapes what so ever that he can afford to loose over 200k "depreciation" on a Rib in 12 months. (well maybe just a little)
Old 04 September 2012, 17:31   #82
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Not Bear baiting at all, just find it curious why he's sold several ribs over a very short period of time at hugely discounted prices thats all.

I don't think for one minute that he's that frivolous (sp) with his money even if he is loaded.

I expect there's a very clever reason for him doing it.

Like I said, just curious thats all, no jealousy or sour grapes what so ever that he can afford to loose over 200k "depreciation" on a Rib in 12 months. (well maybe just a little)
If you're so curious why not ask him yourself? He used to post on here, I can't remember his exact username but it was bear or beargrylls or something like that. Drop him a PM!?
Old 04 September 2012, 17:36   #83

Town: Staines, Middx
Boat name: EXisa
Make: Predator 599
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus
What's with all the ''Bear Baiting guys? His Money-His Rib-His Desision-Oh AND His Great Lifestyle!!... Maybe that's it
Agree....... it looks like a great bargain for someone fortunate enough to have the funds to buy such a toy!!
Old 04 September 2012, 17:55   #84

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
£300k now only £85k sounds like a DFS advert!
I dout it very much they paid the £300k for this, sounds like the tipacal marketing bull that is far to common these days!
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 September 2012, 19:37   #85

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
If you look at there website it has military written all over it and therefore costs mega amounts. Can't say I'd pay £150k for that boat but they make some very nice RIB's

Can't say I'm a Bear fan but he's doing what he loves, so fair play to him.I'm all in favour of Bear buying expensive RIB's and flogging them cheap as I might buy one.
Old 04 September 2012, 19:41   #86

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy
He was on a the same plane to Singapore with me last year. met by a rather attractive lady as the doors opened. needless to say, he didnt turn right when he boarded the plane!
They just like to keep an eye on him when airborne, he picked up some funny habits in the SAS (territorial)

Sent from my portable speaking device using Rib.net
Old 04 September 2012, 22:20   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy

If you're so curious why not ask him yourself? He used to post on here, I can't remember his exact username but it was bear or beargrylls or something like that. Drop him a PM!?
Im not THAT curious, and its his business what he does with his surplus ribs so wont be PM!? ing him

Anyway isn't he filming way up North at the moment ?

In the video advertisement he says that he's selling this latest rib to "downsize". So fingers crossed he will down size to something about 60k then I can snap it up next year for 5k when his accountant / tax agent says its time to sell ;-)
Old 05 September 2012, 10:29   #88

Length: no boat
Hi There,
I just wanted to jump in on this thread as there are a few items that seem incorrect or lost in translation.
Bear does visit the forum as a RIB fan and does post occasionally but i dont have a clue what his RIBnet name is.
Having worked for Bear for 4 years and helped purchase, view every boat and be fortunate to drive everyone, we have never bought any RIB via a company in order to avoid TAX or any other liabilities. Every RIB is a personal purchase.

With regards to the M-RIB we currently have for sale please note that this is a 2007 boat and we purchased the boat in January 2011 from M-RIB in Holland.
Due to its age we upgraded and added new engines, new Simrad electronics and massive storage under the seats, so that the family and Scouts can throw all the bags into one huge locker.
The reason I have highlighted the RIB as over 300k new and now £85,500 is the fact that M-RIBs dont come up for sale that often, if at all and I wanted to price to represent good value for the new owners.

I post here as myself from time to time and I read all the RIB forums as a huge boating and sailing fan but If someone believes that any of my facts are untrue or there is some issue with my dealings please do let me know. my email address is readily available on my own website.
I am delighted to say the boat will be attending Southampton Boat Show and I can organise viewings and tests to those who are seriously interested.

Thanks.
John Coffey
TCG | The Coffey Group
Old 05 September 2012, 12:02   #89
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCoffey View Post
Bear does visit the forum as a RIB fan and does post occasionally but i dont have a clue what his RIBnet name is.
Its not difficult for anyone who is interested to find using the Members List. However he's not been on for a considerable period and as not everyone has the system set to email them when a PM is received, he may not respond to any enquiries!

I'd suggest anyone who is genuinely interested in the boat should respond to JohnCoffey who I am sure would be able to facilitate a discussion direct with Bear for genuinely interested buyers with money in their pocket.
Old 05 September 2012, 15:25   #90
Spammer

Town: Stirling
Boat name: Macaw
Make: Parker 750 CC
Length: 7m +
Engine: VERADO 300XL OB
300k rib

Please can you explain to me the justification behind the 300k new price?

"I wanted to price to represent good value for the new owners"

New 10mtr RIB with the option to upgrade to 5 Year warranty.......£ 23800.00

2x 300hp sukzs new with 0 hours (15600.00 each)......................£ 31176.00

This leaves 30k to have the pick of the latest electronics, purpose built console to your own specification & rigging.

To represent good value I would go down the new route with a full 5 year warranty. It's a total no brainer !!!!!
Old 05 September 2012, 16:27   #91

Town: Brighton
He is selling it for £85k!!!!!
Old 05 September 2012, 22:46   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will75
He is selling it for £85k!!!!!
Your point being?