Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk

If you're saying what I THINK you're saying, then I'll just say that it's possible to sell crap and have a lot of offices - for a while, anyway.

I'll just pop back to me caravan then
Your on form tonight
Old 07 June 2012, 21:41   #82

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Open forum, all entitled to opinion
Old 07 June 2012, 21:49   #83

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Greetings Steve mate from the West of Scotland training camp. I am up ensuring that all the anti BS training is going to plan. I can report that all the midge and cleg squadrons and all the armies of tics are all in a state of readiness to ensure all 'Babygrow' wearers will endure absolute hell in August. Bring it on Babygrow Squad.........ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
Quality Billy, Quality
Old 07 June 2012, 22:30   #84

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Quality Billy, Quality
Aye youll be hoping hes got a quality drachm in his cupboard after some midges have there way with you later .. but if one of them cleggs gets ye... yeel be needin a wee bit more .. I mean I dont mean to scare you lilly livered ones or anyhing
Old 07 June 2012, 22:38   #85

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Spoken like an old campaigner. We all bare the scares. TT doesn't know what he's in for!!! Evil!

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 June 2012, 22:42   #86

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Don't need the highlands for the midges there bad on the Pennines at the mo.
Old 07 June 2012, 22:46   #87

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Don't need the highlands for the midges there bad on the Pennines at the mo.
Yep I was up there running round Dovestones last Friday while training to whoop the cardinal at our next meeting. But lucky for me!! I was that fast they couldn't catch me
Old 07 June 2012, 23:05   #88
DM
RIBnet supporter

Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Engine: Tohatsu 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post
There are, of course, always two sides to the story.
I don't tend to get involved in other peoples arguments but on this occasion, with a cheroot in one hand, a glass of rusty nail in the other and a springer spaniel lying across my feet and feeling very contented, I have to say that post is the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time.
Old 07 June 2012, 23:27   #89

Town: Pwllheli
Boat name: none name
Make: Humbrr
Engine: Outboard
Well DM its seems like you have got involved....so let's hear it
Old 07 June 2012, 23:31   #90
DM
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
....so let's hear it
OK

I have to say that post is the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time.
Old 07 June 2012, 23:36   #91

Town: Seattle
Boat name: Water Dog
Make: Polaris
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
Quote:
Well DM its seems like you have got involved....so let's hear it
Maybe instead of sounding so defensive you could either: shut up, or listen to how you not only lost a buyer but got slammed on the internets too...
Old 07 June 2012, 23:37   #92

Dave you do know me by the way from the days of certain black rib, a sailing school, and if memory serves me right we trained to be instructors at the same time some years ago.. I would therefore value what you see as incorrect about this post.
Old 07 June 2012, 23:47   #93
DM
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Dave you do know me by the way from the days of certain black rib, a sailing school, and if memory serves me right we trained to be instructors at the same time some years ago.
Right. The penny drops. I do remember you.

I also remember you as a decent bloke.

But your post is still crap.

Don't let it worry you. I've made lots of crap posts.
Old 07 June 2012, 23:53   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnjack View Post
Maybe instead of sounding so defensive you could either: shut up, or listen to how you not only lost a buyer but got slammed on the internets too...
I see you are in the USA. Guessing you are a expert also in U.K brokerage.
Old 08 June 2012, 01:32   #95
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
I see you are in the USA. Guessing you are a expert also in U.K brokerage.
I doubt it, but without making a judgement on either person you're not helping yourself by getting into a slanging match

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 June 2012, 05:48   #96

Dave how is it on the straits, I here the others have been busy so I am guessing you have also.

Still not sure what you think is incorrect about my post . We have over 130boats alone on the books in Pwllheli. We are not some small set up with 5 boats. There is much movement of boats especially before such a weekend. Indpendent companies are working on the boats all the time and owners are still using them. So we always need to check before running engine and sometimes issues happen which have not been foreseen. The keys issue could have been over come by plugging in another control box which was a option offered if there was a positive response to the boat itself.

On the day in question we had staff doing viewings elsewhere and me on my own, similar to having a stand at the boats shows with about 70boats on it with 2 phones and deals and paperwork to do,shall we say run off your feet is a understatement.

Some time later that day we had viewing on large v8 petrol the owner was present.The engine had just had a full rebuild, 30mins on muffs only. It started but had a miss fire, while the owner went around the corner to talk to me on the phone the potential buyer climbed aboard and started to throttle the cold fresh engine to the rev limiter to try and clear this miss fire, this is sometimes what you are up against. They also new the owners bottom line on price and wanted more off, yet again the boat was better than pics and they new the boat anyway!.

Generally the serious buyers don't come on bank holiday weekends it is more often those looking for something to if the weather is so so, but we try and take all seriously as you never know.
As said we try to do are best to please everyone, but it is difficult to please all.
Given we are part of large group we follow the guidlines set down by Hq and BMF because it leaves none of all three parties exposed. If clients are not happy to work to this format which looks after there personal interest I am more than happy for them to go and deal with a different broker.
Old 08 June 2012, 07:03   #97

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
As a businesman involved with a very sucessful (small and independant) internet based business where internet word of mouth and service are *absolutely and utterly* key the only bit of advice I will offer is that *no-one* can get it right 100% of the time but the last thing you should ever do is come on a public intenet forum full of potential customers to try and argue the point. You will look silly, loose customers and faith and do yourself no favours.

At the most; join the forum, make *one* short and meek post along the lines of: "Hello, I am so and so from the broker involved, unfortunately we let ourselves and the customer down very badly in this case and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are currently in contact with the customer to see how we can rectify the situation etc".

Then shut up in public and apologise profusely to the guy off line.

The customer is always right in public.
Old 08 June 2012, 07:53   #98

Town: Surrey
Boat name: Fugly & Rokraider 1
Make: Pac 22 & Porter 6.5
Engine: Ford 250 & jet,DT140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
As a businesman involved with a very sucessful (small and independant) internet based business where internet word of mouth and service are *absolutely and utterly* key the only bit of advice I will offer is that *no-one* can get it right 100% of the time but the last thing you should ever do is come on a public intenet forum full of potential customers to try and argue the point. You will look silly, loose customers and faith and do yourself no favours.

At the most; join the forum, make *one* short and meek post along the lines of: "Hello, I am so and so from the broker involved, unfortunately we let ourselves and the customer down very badly in this case and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are currently in contact with the customer to see how we can rectify the situation etc".

I have to say that I disagree. I don't know anyone from Boat Shed and have never dealt with them. The slagging they got on here painted a pretty grim picture to the point where I probably unintentionally started to form an opinion about them. If they had just come on here and meekly rolled over, that would have made them guilty of all charges levelled against them in my books and I would probably have steered clear of them in the future. By coming on here and defending his side of the story, he has clawed back some ground with me. If they had a boat that I was interested in, I wouldn't rule them out in the future now, but would be paying close attention.
A company stands or falls on how it deals with its customers and in the event of a cockup, how it attempts to resolve the situation.

The key cockup wasn't good, but these things happen. I would have been very pissed off to get there and discover this.

With regards to not allowing a total stranger to plug into the ECU, I wouldn't allow one of my customers to do the same. I would provide a print out from the dealer that they could check with their own gear once they bought the boat. They have the right to return the goods if not as stated.
Old 08 June 2012, 08:11   #99

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokraider View Post
A company stands or falls on how it deals with its customers and in the event of a cockup, how it attempts to resolve the situation.
Exactly my point, but IMHO the place for that is not a public forum in the very defensive manner shown. Deal with it privately and let the *customer* post back on the forum how he has in some way received an apology/explanation/future assurance etc.
Old 08 June 2012, 08:24   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post

No!, the customer is not always right especially if they are so called experts and come on a public forum making slanderous comments about dodgy boats which they are not, and dodgy money handling process which is industry standard. I feel there is a need for understanding of the buying process to be put forward.
I am also not in the business of spending valuable time with customers who are so called experts that start pulling the boat to pieces within minutes to look good in front of there friends, especially given that boat was in better condition than advertised due to work carried out the week previous.
So if you would like to call me direct to discuss this any further or give me any expert business advice feel free to do so. If not this is the last I will say on the matter.