Old 27 July 2012, 18:00   #1

Length: no boat
Avon Searider hull work

Hi guys

Can anybody recommend somebody who can carry out some fibreglass repairs inc repainting etc for my Searider hull. Somewhere in the Devon area would be best. Ive tried Ed Carter (Ribraff) but that line of enquiry went dead on me!

Whilst I'm on the subject has anybody ever heard of anyone putting an internal fuel tank on a 5.4 (hull sealed off of course)?

Cheers
Old 27 July 2012, 19:44   #2

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Ollyit had an stainless fuel tank under the seat on one, not sure how big it was though?
Old 27 July 2012, 19:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy
Ollyit had an stainless fuel tank under the seat on one, not sure how big it was though?
I may have that option but wanted to explore fitting an 80 ltr under the deck if possible? Cheers Chewy
Old 28 July 2012, 18:41   #4

Town: Crawley
Boat name: Cossack
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard 75 hp 2 str
MMSI: 235067342
Ed Carter's still there in Dartmouth, a mate has just been to see him in last few days. Try his mobile and leave a message (on the contacts page for Ribtube on the trade directory) for him to call you back. I'm aware he has a lot of work on.

(I have no business connectiuon and don't know him personally)
Old 28 July 2012, 18:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmaker
Ed Carter's still there in Dartmouth, a mate has just been to see him in last few days. Try his mobile and leave a message (on the contacts page for Ribtube on the trade directory) for him to call you back. I'm aware he has a lot of work on.

(I have no business connectiuon and don't know him personally)
Thanks sailmaker but have given him the option of doing some work for me but he never got back to me when he said he would! Obviously too busy at present to call back. I think I will move on and find somebody more reliable. Shame as he seemed most helpful over the phone but thats life I guess.

Thanks
Old 30 July 2012, 22:13   #6

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
there is a guy works from home on a farm near St Blazey . I got his details from OSM in lostwithiel a few years back , and he did amazing job on the stuff i saw there and wasn't expensive iether .
Old 30 July 2012, 22:20   #7

Town: Dartmouth
Length: 6m +
I explained to you that I was very busy at the moment, I think it's a bit rich to come on here and shouting off.
Good luck with your search.
Old 31 July 2012, 08:54   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff
I explained to you that I was very busy at the moment, I think it's a bit rich to come on here and shouting off.
Good luck with your search.
Umm. Not sure its very professional old boy throwing your toys out of the pram in public! Fine though I have no professional reputation to worry about so lets examine how the conversation went shall we.

I asked you if you could look at a leak which you very kindly explained that due to your high work load you could not look at straight away but you would ring me back on Friday to give me a better indication as to when you could fit me in. That was no problem what so ever and I thanked you for your time and looked forward to talking on Friday.

Friday came and by around 1400 I still had not heard from you so I thought I would ring you. I phoned at 1400 ish - no reply and tried again at 1500 - to which the strangest thing happened. The phone rang and then went to engaged almost like somebody pressed the don't answer button? Of that I cant be sure so forgive me if you did not deny the call. I have my reservations though!

I did not come on here shouting off. Far from it pal. In fact I believe if you took the time to read the post it said something along the lines of it was a shame you could not do the work as you appeared helpful on the phone, understood you are busy and was looking for somebody reliable. Those are facts pal. You did not ring me back when you said you would which makes you, in my book, unreliable. Sorry if you don't like it!

What I am seeing though, just in time thankfully, is your true colours as warned to me by others in the local area. Thank you for your time Ed, I have found numerous other people who are at this moment carrying out work for me in the area so no need for the good luck bit. You are certainly not the only person who can carry out work on boats pal.

Good luck with building local relations in the future.
Old 31 July 2012, 08:55   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes
there is a guy works from home on a farm near St Blazey . I got his details from OSM in lostwithiel a few years back , and he did amazing job on the stuff i saw there and wasn't expensive iether .
Hi Ian

Many thanks for the lead.

Cheers
Old 31 July 2012, 09:12   #10

Town: Cornwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishAvon View Post
Hi Ian

Many thanks for the lead.

Cheers
Did you find him?
Old 31 July 2012, 09:18   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow Buoy

Did you find him?
I'm just looking now on their website. Cant see anything. Do you know him?

Cheers
Old 31 July 2012, 11:55   #12

A quite simple 'asked Ed Carter but he's too busy' would have sufficed. I'm sorry if I didn't answer your call, as I explained I am very busy but you felt the need to come on here and have a good chirp and air your views about me.
I dont claim to be perfect but It does make me wonder how many other people in business are scrutinised by keyboard warriors and old women as much a they are on here.
Old 31 July 2012, 12:06   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff
A quite simple 'asked Ed Carter but he's too busy' would have sufficed. I'm sorry if I didn't answer your call, as I explained I am very busy but you felt the need to come on here and have a good chirp and air your views about me.
I dont claim to be perfect but It does make me wonder how many other people in business are scrutinised by keyboard warriors and old women as much a they are on here.
Keyboard warrior/old woman - thankyou Ed. Very classy.

Ed. Use this time more efficiently - get on top of your work load, phone people back etc rather than engaging in an unhealthy thread that serves no further purpose. Don't waste your precious time mate. I had no intention of falling out with you, just wanted to hear back from you when you said you would!

Best of luck in the future.
Old 31 July 2012, 12:33   #14

So an 'unhealthy' thread in which you decided to give me a slating no longer serves a purpose for you, I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head.

I resent the condescending phrases you use such as 'use your time more efficiently' Mark. My workload and use of time is none of your business.
Old 31 July 2012, 15:09   #15

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishAvon View Post
I'm just looking now on their website. Cant see anything. Do you know him?

Cheers
Sorry i can't remember the name , give OSM a ring . They only recomended him so it unlikely to be on the website
Old 31 July 2012, 17:01   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes

Sorry i can't remember the name , give OSM a ring . They only recomended him so it unlikely to be on the website
Thanks Ian for your help

Regards

Mark
Old 03 September 2012, 12:57   #17

Make: Ocean Dynamics
Length: 8m +
Ed's unreliability

Hi,

So it seems I'm not the only one who's calls you don't return Ed?

Am I the only one you took £750 off, failed to send the goods, and still haven't repaid 8 months later?

I would warn anyone off doing business with you, regardless of how affable you come across on the phone - not that I get to appreciate any of that alleged affability as you haven't picked up the phone to me for months or replied to my emails.

When are you going to pay me?

Luke
Old 03 September 2012, 20:08   #18

Town: Truro
Make: Avon
Engine: 50
Same happened to me really. Seemed a really nice guy over the phone and was really happy to discuss work to be done. I thought great but unfortunately he never got back to me - ever?! Whats that all about? I would have thought he would have been grateful for the work? Maybe he is so busy etc etc?

Im not sure I would have parted with £750 though up front. Is there no chance of you getting it back? I have seen his threads on here a few times. Goes by the name Ribraff.

Might be worth you trying to contact him again to sort out. Judging by the other guys comments with the Searider - the bloke might have forgotten he's got your money? Worth a try to sort out before anything more legal takes place. I see he got quite "arsey" with Cornish! Might be showing his true colours?

Best of luck mate