Old 21 May 2010, 17:13   #11

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymac680 View Post
I live on Cameron Terrace next to the Cameron terrace shop on the Lochs Road. No doubt you see my boats on the way home from town. I normally launch from Leurbost for fishing and spins to the Shaints but sometimes launch from Uig and Carloway. Furthest I've been was the Flannan Isles.
That is very amusing...never see a white astra estate slowing down for a neb as it drives by?

How was the trip out to the Flannans? I would love to shoot for there once I get a boat and a bit of experience. I have a bit of a St.Kilda dream as well....but think that one might have to wait a few years for a bigger boat!

Thanks very much indeed for the offer of a wee trip out on the SR. I'm not sure when I'm going to be about for the next wee bit, but if I am still swithering come later in the season, that would be fantastic. Cheers

Old 21 May 2010, 23:14   #12

Town: Isle of Lewis
Boat name: Fiona
Make: Avon SR
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 90AETO
The St Kilda trip would be awesome but not really an option with my engine. She is pretty heavy on fuel. If i'm gunning it at 40mph I get 30nm out of 50ltr's of fuel. However if I cruise between 20-25mph I can do the same journey on 27ltrs.
Its about 55 miles each way St Kilda to Harris so I'd need about 110ltrs of fuel on board and I'd have have to keep my speed to 20mph to ensure I get home. lol Not so much fun. Also with my main engine being about 40 years old. It could be a bit to much to ask of the old girl.
The Flannan Isles is cool. We put a vid of it on youtube. Cant remember the name but I'm sure it comes up when you just search for Flannan Isles on youtube. It's just walking around the Island with some music played over it.

Old 22 May 2010, 20:41   #13

Town: Oregon
Boat name: scuba-doo
Make: Avon 5.4SR
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp yami 2str
MMSI: 338086604
I just ended placing the 8hp next to the main on the transom, its a real tight fitagaints the Aframe, but the motors do not hit when the main is down and the aux is either up or down.
I just used the main to steer and the aux stays almost straight. I was getting around 6mph with two on board.
Old 23 May 2010, 04:57   #14

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymac680 View Post
I live on Cameron Terrace next to the Cameron terrace shop on the Lochs Road. No doubt you see my boats on the way home from town. I normally launch from Leurbost for fishing and spins to the Shaints but sometimes launch from Uig and Carloway. Furthest I've been was the Flannan Isles.
I pass your boats all the time on trips over to Valtos, Uig.