Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 27 November 2009, 07:00   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: PORTSMOUTH
Make: Avon 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 60FE -
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,838
Atlantic 21 project on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATLANTIC-21-RI...item2ea9625459
__________________

__________________
------------------------------
http://www.ollysrib.741.com
ollyit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2009, 07:17   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Vw

I could just see a VW 3l tdi V6 slotting in that cavity,
__________________

__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2009, 07:34   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Here
Boat name: doggypaddle
Make: Avon 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: yamaha 80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I could just see a VW 3l tdi V6 slotting in that cavity,
I think i would prefer something a bit more agricultural nice though these common rail diesels are i really dont like all the electronics in a marine enviroment. would a cummins 5.9 be too heavy? probably powerful enough though.
__________________
I am usually not as green as i am cabbage looking.
doggypaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2009, 07:55   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggypaddle View Post
I think i would prefer something a bit more agricultural nice though these common rail diesels are i really dont like all the electronics in a marine enviroment. would a cummins 5.9 be too heavy? probably powerful enough though.

I couldn't agree with you more re electrionics, which is why I'm a CAT man, but they is big and they is heavy, The same can be said for that Hull. it's built very strongly and meant for twin outboards. The electronics is getting more and more difficult to avoid nowadays however.

To get good performance from an inbosrd on this boat it would be nice to keep the power to weight ratio similar or better than the original outbords. Dontt forget the diesel going to beed some form of drive system which will also add weight.. 325 kg gives 265 hp and 550nm at 2000rpm

The power to weight from these little devils is great and the engine is so well sussed for access to mainenance parts, that I'd certainly give one a go for leisure ppurposes before I bought a Yanmar.i think its the 6lb/260 which is very close in specs.

Now enough about Fantasy Boats I can't afford can you tell me where did you get the plates from to shove a Trooper engine into your Landie 110
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2009, 08:31   #5
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I'd certainly give one a go for leisure ppurposes before I bought a Yanmar.i think its the 6lb/260 which is very close in specs.
6BY2-260 is the common rail 3 litre motor from the BMW block.
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2009, 10:32   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Here
Boat name: doggypaddle
Make: Avon 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: yamaha 80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I couldn't agree with you more re electrionics, which is why I'm a CAT man, but they is big and they is heavy, The same can be said for that Hull. it's built very strongly and meant for twin outboards. The electronics is getting more and more difficult to avoid nowadays however.

To get good performance from an inbosrd on this boat it would be nice to keep the power to weight ratio similar or better than the original outbords. Dontt forget the diesel going to beed some form of drive system which will also add weight.. 325 kg gives 265 hp and 550nm at 2000rpm

The power to weight from these little devils is great and the engine is so well sussed for access to mainenance parts, that I'd certainly give one a go for leisure ppurposes before I bought a Yanmar.i think its the 6lb/260 which is very close in specs.

Now enough about Fantasy Boats I can't afford can you tell me where did you get the plates from to shove a Trooper engine into your Landie 110
Hi Stu

I made the adaptor plate and engine mountings for mine as i had access to a big lathe and plasma cutter, so it was fabricated and machined.
however they are available off the shelf from

http://www.mdengineering.co.uk/index...egory&cat_id=2




MOTOR & DIESEL ENGINEERING (ANGLIA) LTD
ROWAN FARM, PRIORY ROAD]


RUSKINGTON, SLEAFORD]


LINCS. NG34 9DJ


TELEPHONE :- 44 (0)1526 830 185


FAX :- 44 (0)1526 830 217

enquiries@mdengineering.co.uk






for a 110/90 4 cylinder or V8 (two different adaptors)
mines a series2 but i use a 110 gearbox anyway.
__________________
I am usually not as green as i am cabbage looking.
doggypaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2009, 10:43   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Here
Boat name: doggypaddle
Make: Avon 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: yamaha 80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,107
cummins 6bt 400Kgs 300HP
I bet with all that lovely cold seawater in the intercooler you could get another 100HP still a bit on the lumpy side though.
BTW my mates got a 6bt in his landrover
__________________
I am usually not as green as i am cabbage looking.
doggypaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2009, 13:14   #8
Member
 
Nasher's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,147
I really wish I had the space for this project

Nasher
__________________
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2009, 10:58   #9
Member
 
Pete7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I could just see a VW 3l tdi V6 slotting in that cavity,
Which would then connect up very nicely to the very rare PP65 jet drive unit that is now sitting in your front garden Oh you didn't know about it, well I am sure you will find a use for it.

I would also question whether this is actually an Atlantic 21 hull or not. Why has it got an inboard engine compartment with stringers that look exactly like a P22? Did Atlantic 21s come with a big planning wedge at the stern and why has it got a Halmatic P22 console on it. Something not quite right here but for the price could be an interesting project, Viv's Christmas present perhaps

Pete
__________________
.
Ribnet is best viewed on a computer of some sort
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2009, 11:31   #10
Member
 
Simon B's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Leicester
Boat name: Vixen
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB 175
MMSI: 235071839
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,621
Also available here;

C & P

I love mechanical diesel too!

About 300
__________________

__________________
New boat is here, very happy!
Simon
www.luec.org
Simon B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.