Old 13 February 2019, 14:43   #1

Town: London
Boat name: OCHI II
Make: Humber Ocean Pro 800
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225hp Suzuki OB
Artificial Teak Decking

Hi All,

Have any of you got a view on the difference between first generation artificial teak deck and second generation artificial teak deck?

There has been a mess up at the works yard and they have put down 1st generation - TekDek in London Blue - instead of the 2nd generation Dek-King in Silver. They have admitted the error and agreed to replace the material that has been laid with the correct 2G Silver product (from Dek-King). However they have also offered to leave the Tek Dek decking in situ and provide a material discount (half price) over the price of the Silver Dek-King 2G product. The colour is different which is annoying, but I am weighing up the technical differences here to understand if there is a real and material difference. Please put to one side the messup here. The works yard have admitted their error. At question here is the technical and practical differences between first and second generation artificial teak decking and if I should take their offer, renegotiate what they have offered or ask them to rip up and replace with the correct one I specified. In the pic attached you can see the Dek-King samples. The light grey is the Silver I specified.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Deck works in progress - Feb 2019.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	128462