Old 13 March 2012, 20:42   #1
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Anyone on here?

Rib Powerboat 1/6th Share | eBay

The image is a colleague of mine on one of another colleagues old charter boat that has been sold a few times. The image is about 2009.
Old 14 March 2012, 18:06   #2

Town: Portsmouth
Isn't that Paul from Onboard Charters?? I went out with him a couple of times before we got our RIB!
Old 14 March 2012, 20:58   #3
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKESY56 View Post
Isn't that Paul from Onboard Charters?? I went out with him a couple of times before we got our RIB!
Hi, no that was his business partner on a RIB owned previously by 4Charter at Portsmouth which they brought in occassionally if their boats were out. That RIB had a very hard life and recal someone calling for its history well after this photo after it was seen sinking on a mooring
Old 14 March 2012, 21:12   #4

Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Reading the listing it says the Rib hasn't yet been purchased and will be at least a 7.5 with at least a 225 hp outboard, he mentions that potential purchasers will have a say. Looks like he's using a generic Rib pic.
Old 14 March 2012, 21:16   #5

Oh ok, i went on one on a 4charter boat as well, skippered by Paul as Dan (i think he was called Dan) was busy! Kernow i think you're correct as the same photo is on the Onboard charters site, ( Rib Charter ) which is where i recognised it from!
Old 14 March 2012, 21:24   #6

Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Quote:
Kernow i think you're correct as the same photo is on the Onboard charters site, ( Rib Charter ) which is where i recognised it from!
Us Ribtecer's, brilliant!
Old 14 March 2012, 21:26   #7
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Oh ok, i went on one on a 4charter boat as well, skippered by Paul as Dan (i think he was called Dan) was busy! Kernow i think you're correct as the same photo is on the Onboard charters site, ( Rib Charter ) which is where i recognised it from!
I might have to stand corrected, it does look like Paul on the On board site, and Yes it was Dan who ran the 4charter RIB and it ran alongside Alice the Thames Barge his father still runs. Dan gave up to run a garage.

As you know On Board still operating and I was going down to help collect another new RIB with them this week
Old 14 March 2012, 21:29   #8
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Reading the listing it says the Rib hasn't yet been purchased and will be at least a 7.5 with at least a 225 hp outboard, he mentions that potential purchasers will have a say. Looks like he's using a generic Rib pic.
I hope that is the case as owning the old 4charter RIB might be a problem if all areas not rectifed, I have a horrid feeling I met the buyer at Southampton Boat show after he bought it and was talking about buying a new hull and putting all the rigging on that.
Old 14 March 2012, 21:32   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Us Ribtecer's, brilliant!
haha, indeed!! how does the 585 go with a 150 on the back?? Bl**dy quick i would imagine !!!
Old 14 March 2012, 21:34   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
I might have to stand corrected, it does look like Paul on the On board site, and Yes it was Dan who ran the 4charter RIB and it ran alongside Alice the Thames Barge his father still runs. Dan gave up to run a garage.

As you know On Board still operating and I was going down to help collect another new RIB with them this week
They must be doing well, thats 3 new boats in a year or something isn't it?! Thats gotta be the best job, driving new boats and being paid to do it !!
Old 14 March 2012, 21:46   #11
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
They must be doing well, thats 3 new boats in a year or something isn't it?! Thats gotta be the best job, driving new boats and being paid to do it !!
If only it was just as simple as driving new boats, The amount of effort good operators put in cannot be measured, Regularly Kevin at On Board and I are running round late at night getting boats sorted, helms in place and chasing clients. It is like a swan , calm on top!

Ask skippermark on here who has been setting up since last year, he has been driven mad by authorities and paperwork for what he has planned. His boat build has probably been the easy bit