Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 December 2014, 02:43   #11
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSkills View Post

Much to the annoyance of everyone around me I am still in the dark ages and not joined Facebook . I think I have to be in it to see what you have sent me .

I probably ought to swallow my pride and join . I just have this image of photos of people doing ordinary things and feeling the need to share it with the world .

Grumpy arse I know


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________

__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2014, 05:15   #12
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,590
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
I probably ought to swallow my pride and join . I just have this image of photos of people doing ordinary things and feeling the need to share it with the world .

Grumpy arse I know


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
Ooooh & you called ME a grumpy old barsteward I know exackerly what you mean though.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2014, 05:35   #13
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Ooooh & you called ME a grumpy old barsteward I know exackerly what you mean though.

What is it about Facebook that makes its perfectly expectable to show photos of me asleep with me gob open to the world without my permission . We had two houses to go to last New Year's Eve

House 1
nobody really actually enjoying themselves but making sure that there was a picture of us all pretending to oh yes and one of Pete cooking the curry because he is my darling baby .

House 2
Sat and actually talking to the people we are in the same room as , with a beer and some good grub .

Okay I feel a bit better now


Early this year people were putting pictures out on this forum , fantastic places , stunning views , lobsters caught and eaten . Now I get sharing that


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2015, 16:54   #14
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
I'm back
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2015, 03:30   #15
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I'm back

That's the thing with this forum quick helpful response Lol
I have sort of co e to the conclusion that it's probably not the best place to launch from . Which is a shame because I would rather base there for a day or overnight and pop over to whitby than the other way round .

I did find where the harbour master lives and knocked on his door (10.00am ) a bleary eyed head stuck out the bedroom window . We were leaving so didn't get much off him


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2015, 12:31   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oop North
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 323
Staithes/Cowbar not the easiest places to get down to. Steep narrow twisty lanes to negotiate and nowhere to park at the bottom, in fact you'd have a hard time turning round on the Cowbar side if a couple of cars are parked up. The Cowbar slip is used by the Lifeboat so they might not appreciate other users if the get a shout.
If you don't mind a beach launch have a look further up the coast at Skinningrove, Saltburn or Redcar, but park sensibly so as not to annoy the locals.
__________________
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2015, 16:35   #17
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Staithes/Cowbar not the easiest places to get down to. Steep narrow twisty lanes to negotiate and nowhere to park at the bottom, in fact you'd have a hard time turning round on the Cowbar side if a couple of cars are parked up. The Cowbar slip is used by the Lifeboat so they might not appreciate other users if the get a shout.
If you don't mind a beach launch have a look further up the coast at Skinningrove, Saltburn or Redcar, but park sensibly so as not to annoy the locals.

Yes had a good look at the slip way on the crowbar and had a feeling that the lifeboat might just take precedence over my fun !!
Waiting for someone to do a beach launch that I can tag along on as have not done one yet .

Just traded in my landy towards campervan so it won't quite go where landy went but is better to kip and cook in !!!

Thanks for help going to head up and try amble in April for a couple of days might call on way down and go from whitby over to staithes



Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2015, 01:10   #18
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,590
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
Waiting for someone to do a beach launch that I can tag along on as have not done one yet .
Steve, if you can EVER avoid doing a beach launch , then do so, trust me
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2015, 02:42   #19
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Steve, if you can EVER avoid doing a beach launch , then do so, trust me

What got me into owning a rib was an inflatable I bought five years ago with an old 2.5 chug chug on it . I used it on Lewis and other isles up there hugging coast catching mackerel . Although I would not swap back I do sort of mis being able to land any where and still like the idea of landing on a beach for a while and moving on .

I am smart enough to know that I don't have the knowledge to try it alone . The day will come where I will be with one of you old timers and try it , then probably realise it's more hassle than it's worth and move on .




Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2015, 02:43   #20
Member
 
stevedonna's Avatar
 
Town: Belper
Boat name: Ey up mi duck
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedonna View Post
What got me into owning a rib was an inflatable I bought five years ago with an old 2.5 chug chug on it . I used it on Lewis and other isles up there hugging coast catching mackerel . Although I would not swap back I do sort of mis being able to land any where and still like the idea of landing on a beach for a while and moving on .

I am smart enough to know that I don't have the knowledge to try it alone . The day will come where I will be with one of you old timers and try it , then probably realise it's more hassle than it's worth and move on .




Sent from my iPad using RIB Net

Ps will be in touch when it gets to 15 degrees for self boat repair work ( not done on a beach launch!!)


Sent from my iPad using RIB Net
__________________

__________________
stevedonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.