Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 09 September 2004, 21:15   #1

Anyone knows about TP Marine from Netherland?

I am looking for my next boat, comercial built. Their website is:www.tpmarine.nl
Old 10 September 2004, 11:10   #2

Town: Inverkip
Make: Redbay 11m Cabin
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x Yamaha422Sti 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordrafting
I am looking for my next boat, comercial built. Their website is:www.tpmarine.nl
I had never heard opf them until about 2 weeks ago when a marine guy (c and C Marine, Largs) told me that he had just became the main dealer for them and had ordered 2 boats, 1 8.5ish and one 7 ish.
They came last week and I had a wee look at them and they are certinaly a well finnished boat. The Fibreglass work along with the stainless look to be of a very high standard, however the 8.5 looks like a 7.5 hull with only a pod of about 1m fixed onto the transom to mount the engines. The pod to be fair is not just a bolt on job, but is moulded to the the same shape as the hull for about 2/3 of the way up. I personally think that the floor height is to high in relation to the tubes, offering very little way in protection.
It is being fitted with 2 x 150hp Yamaha 4 strokes.
Andy
Old 10 September 2004, 11:43   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Think they were the people at Ribex a few months ago - if so they were a really friendly bunch and their commercial 10m looked really good!
Old 10 September 2004, 12:23   #4

Town: Stockholm
Boat name: Osprey & Ring
Make: Osprey & Ring
Length: 9m +
Engine: Plenty
Maybe this would be something for you.
13m with 4 X 250hp Yamaha.
Heavy duty tubes 1,670 decitex and 55cm diameter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	8072  
Old 10 September 2004, 13:34   #5

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
The TP Marine ribs are made in Poland for TP Marine Holland only.
Nice looking 10 mtr ribs and two such were shown at Ribex2004

The downside is that they have been using Polish made tubes but understand they are now looking for UK made tubes

If you are looking for another Seasafari type rib this is what you may wish to consider

Parker 900 Baltic (also made in Poland but with Eurocraft made tubes)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parker 900 Baltic (2).JPG
Views:	205
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	8074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Parker 900 Baltic (3).JPG
Views:	251
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	8075  
Old 10 September 2004, 21:15   #6

I am finished with outboards on commercial ribs! Looking for a rib which can fit a 420hp Yanmar with Trimax surfacedrive. Also want the tube high up. My experience with tubes in the water is that it is too much wear on them. Lost all the air in one today bacause the joint between the transom and tube is broke and has wore through the hypalone. This happenes because the tube is vibrating very much in the water and finally breaks the fiberglass.
Old 11 September 2004, 00:29   #7

Town: Stockholm
Boat name: Osprey & Ring
Make: Osprey & Ring
Length: 9m +
Engine: Plenty
Quote:
Lost all the air in one today bacause the joint between the transom and tube is broke and has wore through the hypalone. This happenes because the tube is vibrating very much in the water and finally breaks the fiberglass.
Dont think it`s because the tubes are to low, must be something with the GRP construction.
We are driving around 900 hours/year with our boats fully loaded (half of the time) with people without problems.

PS: The oldest boat has been running 2,400 hours during 3 years and we have`nt had any probs with tubes or GRP.
Old 11 September 2004, 13:10   #8

Quote:
I am finished with outboards on commercial ribs! Looking for a rib which can fit a 420hp Yanmar with Trimax surfacedrive. Also want the tube high up. My experience with tubes in the water is that it is too much wear on them. Lost all the air in one today bacause the joint between the transom and tube is broke and has wore through the hypalone. This happenes because the tube is vibrating very much in the water and finally breaks the fiberglass.

What boat was this on? Also if you don't want tubes in the water do you really want a RIB???
Old 11 September 2004, 15:44   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
What boat was this on? Also if you don't want tubes in the water do you really want a RIB???
VERY GOOD POINT!
I am now driving my boat without air in one tube and going in 1.5 m. waves, it is impossible to feel any difference. The boat could just as well be without tubes. The only reason must be if you are way out of line after a big jump, then the tubes help.
I am seriously looking for a non tube boat, but I can not find any made for what I use the boat for, taking 13 customers for a ride sitting on jockeyseats.
Many of the ribowners in our home town have had problems with tubes, strakes comming off, puncturing, patsches comming off etc.
We all have differnt experiences regarding boats, and my experience tells me that I might look for a rib with the pontons higher. Also because if we make a small jump and land on the side, the ponton corrects me and throw us hard to the other side where the other ponton correct us just as hard!

The reson for the problems with my pontons are probably that the construction is dead wrong, since the glassfiber holding the pontongs at the rear has broken on both sides. This glassfiber is approxemately 10x10cm and 3 mm. thick. No wonder it brakes.

To you who asks what boat I have, I do not want to tell you because I think that if I told about every problems, and posted pictures of it, I would bring this company out of business completely. The boat is 5 months old, and there have been problems with it since day one. The first week we lost all power at sea and almost everything had unscrewed. Every welding on the seats have come off, batteries come off, water in hull (factory has still not figured it out) etc. etc. I have had a true nightmare with this boat and do want to return it, but dealer doesnot answere when I akse him. I have asked twice.
No doubt I have had a boat built by the factorys trainees, and or the workers have had too much to drink during the building - period.

I might tell the owner of the factory that if he does not take the boat back, I certainly will reveal their name, and confirm everything I say with pictures. Maybe we could make a christmas calender, one post/problem every week untill xmas!? I could never do that, but it is a very interesting idea.
Old 11 September 2004, 19:15   #10

You are obviously on about your Scorpion - they are more a leisure RIB - maybe they can't just cut it in a commercial environment?

You SHOULD post all your probs here to stop anyone else suffering!

Maybe you should choose a proper commercial supplier for your next boat.

http://www.avoninflatables.co.uk/

They have a name second to none and have been building Ribs for more years than almost anyone else - they build commercial craft only to order - you never get to see some of the stunning things they have built unless you visit the factory which is only about 12 miles from me.

Another worth a mention is Dave Picton who builds the Cobra Ribs

http://www.cobraribs.com/

Very nice bloke and very good quality boats - there is a 10.5m boat with the tubes set up much higher running around the Swansea area - the owners use it almost like a water taxi and also do longer trips - it gets more use than most RIBS and they are very happy with it!

Another maker who build the sort of ribs you are after are Ocean Dynamics - awesome boats!

http://www.ribworker.com/od.htm
Old 11 September 2004, 20:56   #11

Hi, Codprawn!
Thanks for your help! The rib in question is not one of theese high quality Scorps, I have never heard that they brake.
I looked at the cobraribs, they look like any other leisureboat to me, Avon has a bad homepage since i can not find any bigger Avon than 8.4m. Ribworker looks great, but heavy. 38 knots at full bore. That would normally be 30 cruising knots. That is a lot slower than the high speed ferry cruising at 38 knots in our fjords.
In fact i think that my customers might just as well by a ferryticket! But Ribworker is a really great boat, which would last foerver, and set up with a surfacedrive and 1m. shorter hull, the speed would improve.
Old 12 September 2004, 11:18   #12

Quote:
Hi, Codprawn!
Thanks for your help! The rib in question is not one of theese high quality Scorps, I have never heard that they brake.
I looked at the cobraribs, they look like any other leisureboat to me, Avon has a bad homepage since i can not find any bigger Avon than 8.4m. Ribworker looks great, but heavy. 38 knots at full bore. That would normally be 30 cruising knots. That is a lot slower than the high speed ferry cruising at 38 knots in our fjords.
In fact i think that my customers might just as well by a ferryticket! But Ribworker is a really great boat, which would last foerver, and set up with a surfacedrive and 1m. shorter hull, the speed would improve.
That's the problem with people like Cobra and Avon - they build great boats that nobody ever gets to see because they can't be bothered to put them on their website!