Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 08 April 2012, 17:59   #1

Town: norwell,massachusetts
Boat name: skipper2
Make: dux hammerhead
Length: 3m +
Engine: 65hp evinrude
any usa northeast thundercat/dux/extreme owners?race clubs??

Hi Guys, newbie here and to inflatable tunnel hull boating. I'm in massachusetts,south shore. Looking for people get out with and have some fun with these race type boats. Im also looking for help with building/modifying outboard engines. Im a pretty good mechanic with all makes and models from outb to i/o diesel/gas but never really had any first hand work with hot rodding an outboard 2 stroke. Im interested in any information/recomendations for setting up my dux hammerhead?? I have a late 80s 55 hp tohatsu with a jack and trim plate. I need to get a tiller setup, any help?? used ones? interchangable tillers that can be modified? whos who when it comes to props. What is the best engine make and models for speed. I know thats a very broad question:what are you guys running? what hp/makes/props/ modifications to boat and motors?? I would like to rep and sell these types of boats here on cape cod bay. I have 2 dux nd one extreme/mako boats. The MAKO says extreme on the transom plate and engine size is 70 hp. is the dux about the same as far as hp? What is the best engine lenght from prop shaft center to transom top for a dux. Where is the ID plate on dux?? I would post that if its a help. This boat was owned by mad dog in kingston ma. It has all the ropes/cleats/handgrips that i see in the videos of the "race dux" some need to be reglued. what glue do you recomend? I know this is a earfull...so many thanks to any and all for input..
Old 11 April 2012, 16:40   #2

Town: Brampton
Boat name: The HeadHunter
Make: Aquarius
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 50
I race CBF/APBA Stock Outboard and ThunderCat. I'm in Ontario but have raced in New Hampshire, NJ, NY, etc...

I dont think there is any organized racing for ThunderCats in Mass or area states any more. I bought my Yamaha from an ex ThunderCat racer near Boston. Ontario and Michigan are the growing areas and once in a while in Florida it seems.

We're eagar to grow though! Just takes a few boats and then you can talk to your locl clubs of Stock Outboard or Inboard about adding you to the existing programs. There is the South Shore Outboard Racing Association near you. If they added THunderCats I would do my best to get to the event.
Old 11 April 2012, 16:44   #3

Oh, and if you want to be a dealer for these for racers... bypass Dux/SuperDuxx/Seawolf/etc..., they have a pretty bad reputation on the racing side of things it seems. Stick with the south african companies.
Old 11 April 2012, 16:48   #4

If you want to see the CBF rule book for ThunderCats, shoot me an email at Andrew4ce@gmail.com and I'll forward you a copy.