Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 February 2010, 05:47   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Coast
Boat name: No Name
Make: Ribx-450
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 60hp 2 Merc
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 108
Any one know this seller? Watch out?

http://www.etec-ltd.co.cc/ribs2.html

I looked on boats and outboards, got an email saying send 175 for delivery.

The email said the Zodiac boat had low hours but in the original advert had no engine fitted?

It looks really cheap, and say pay up front for delivery?

The ribs look really cheap, perhaps inported from the USA? The photos look like the US in the backgroun, the Zodiac looks like its on a US trailer?

ANy commment, too good to be true?

Whats out if it is?
__________________

__________________
rib-x450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 07:28   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by rib-x450 View Post
http://www.etec-ltd.co.cc/ribs2.html

I looked on boats and outboards, got an email saying send 175 for delivery.

The email said the Zodiac boat had low hours but in the original advert had no engine fitted?

It looks really cheap, and say pay up front for delivery?

The ribs look really cheap, perhaps inported from the USA? The photos look like the US in the backgroun, the Zodiac looks like its on a US trailer?

ANy commment, too good to be true?

Whats out if it is?
It's a chinese scam website. Somehow I doubt the BRP solicitors would allow a company to be called Etec ltd.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 07:46   #3
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Stuart, FL
Make: Willard 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x 175 Suzuki's
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 785
This is a scam.

They have Sunriders boat listed for sale. This company just grabs listings from other people on the internet and says they are theirs. DONT SEND THEM ANY MONEY!
__________________
RyanPratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 09:26   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib-x450 View Post
http://www.etec-ltd.co.cc/ribs2.html

i looked on boats and outboards, got an email saying send 175 for delivery.

The email said the zodiac boat had low hours but in the original advert had no engine fitted?

It looks really cheap, and say pay up front for delivery?

The ribs look really cheap, perhaps inported from the usa? The photos look like the us in the backgroun, the zodiac looks like its on a us trailer?

Any commment, too good to be true?

Whats out if it is?
pm sent.!
__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 09:33   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
website

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPratt View Post
They have Sunriders boat listed for sale. This company just grabs listings from other people on the internet and says they are theirs. DONT SEND THEM ANY MONEY!
This person has been thrown off the same website a number of times But changes his name and gets back on again.

The way I understand it works is this


Charged for delivery..
then charged again for the boat..
Then another surprise charge an import tax...

Then again for a ce cert..
Then another charge for customs ..
Then a charge for his arrangement fee'

You would NOT get the vessel until the total amount is paid.


I have also noted the yellow rib is the same boat he had for sale 2 years ago.

Once you have started paying you will lose all your money till you have paid in full WELL over the top.

He Also used to sell NEW 115 hp outboard engines for approx 1,200. With the same procedure

I would like to say he is a con man but the onlything I can think about it is the fact he is not saying what the Total cost's will be
when advertising..
__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 12:16   #6
Member
 
spartacus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 60hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,267
RIBase
The laws in this country are far too lax when it comes to this sort of thing. Where is this address anyway? Does it exist or is it ficticious?

Registered company address: 94 WEST END, HADDENHAM, ELY, CAMBS CB6 3TE

I've seen the Zodiac advertised before - currently on Boats and Outboards here: http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F222118
__________________
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 12:22   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Coast
Boat name: No Name
Make: Ribx-450
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 60hp 2 Merc
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 108
Though as much

Thanks for the message, I tought it was too good to be true.

I wasnt quite ready to send him a cheque but it just goes to show...

Why dont we all email him just from fun.................
__________________
rib-x450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 12:30   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
same

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
The laws in this country are far too lax when it comes to this sort of thing. Where is this address anyway? Does it exist or is it ficticious?

Registered company address: 94 WEST END, HADDENHAM, ELY, CAMBS CB6 3TE

I've seen the Zodiac advertised before - currently on Boats and Outboards here: http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/F222118
Yep it's the same address but i understood from other stuff i have seen about him is a domestic house.

Beware keep away ..
__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 February 2010, 12:34   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib-x450 View Post
Thanks for the message, I tought it was too good to be true.

I wasnt quite ready to send him a cheque but it just goes to show...

Why dont we all email him just from fun.................
He has been AGAIN reported to boatsandoutboards.
__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 February 2010, 01:56   #10
RIBnet supporter
 
Jizm's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
Yep it's the same address but i understood from other stuff i have seen about him is a domestic house.

Beware keep away ..
Yes it is a house but that in itself does not mean he's a fraudster.
He is a scammer in this case but the point I am trying to make is not all boat brokers etc have commercial premises.
Just my 2p worth...
__________________

Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.