Old 06 September 2002, 12:38   #11
Make: Ribcraft 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF175TG
We have had a Force4 GT in the family for 20yrs and that has a 50HP Suzuki on the back.

I would stick with the 50HP mariner.

DJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 September 2002, 13:37   #12
Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Ballistic
Make: Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam HPDI 250

A 50 HP is fine on that boat - but the key is know (or learn) when to slow down!

I don't like using terms like 'overpowered' or 'lively' i would rather use terms like 'plenty of power there' or 'enough grunt to get out or trouble' or 'fun' - my boat rarely gets opened up fully, but thats never a bad thing, but on the flat day with nothing about it's nice to see how quick you can go!

Wayne and Crayside are friends i beleive - i have had dealings with Geoff at crayside and he seams a nice chap. I'll mention the engine to wayne and get a bit of inside info. for you.

The boat in sandwich was real heap - but only a few hundred 's (no engine) i just spotted in on the quay side when i was working over there - no more info i'm affraid, but don't think it would be of any use to you!

We will meet in October - but if you want that gunk stuff then give me a shout... is checked daily.

Did i read somewhere this was your first boat? If its of any interest i'm a powerboat instructor so if you want a days tuition (or even a few hours - in your own boat or otherwise) then maybe we could arrange something - come october!

Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2002, 10:27   #13
Town: Herne Bay
Make: Flatacraft
Length: 4
Engine: Mercury 50
For Daniel

Any chance I can pop round to procure the fluid from you at all? I feel a bouncy weekend coming on and want to try to fix it. I would still love to meet up Oct. time for some pointers.

my email addy is

Many thanks

deflated is offline   Reply With Quote