Old 28 March 2007, 18:48   #1

Town: Salisbury
Boat name: Blue C
Make: XS 600
Length: 6m +
Engine: 125hp Opti
MMSI: 235082826/235909566
Another EBay Scam

Look at this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330103732988 Listed today @ silly money,

Now look here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUMBER-5-meter...QQcmdZViewItem
Ended three days ago for over twice the latest listing.

Old 28 March 2007, 19:03   #2

Town: warrington cheshire
Boat name: crusoe
Make: zodiac-medline2
Engine: suzuki 115
MMSI: 235009733
Ashbypower.
I can't get that 1st link to go any where
Old 28 March 2007, 19:06   #3

Town: Salisbury
Boat name: Blue C
Make: XS 600
Engine: 125hp Opti
MMSI: 235082826/235909566
C
Cheers M8 Sorted (I Hope)
Old 28 March 2007, 19:13   #4

Town: warrington cheshire
Boat name: crusoe
Make: zodiac-medline2
Engine: suzuki 115
MMSI: 235009733
Well done posting both links on this forum.
Old 28 March 2007, 19:26   #5

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
i have reported the situation to e bay
Old 29 March 2007, 09:46   #6

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
I've asked the seller to explain why he's selling a boat previously sold under another listing, he may have a legitimate reason or there may be a simple explaination. Either way no one in there right mind would part with the money without seeing the goods
Old 29 March 2007, 13:15   #7

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat View Post
I've asked the seller to explain why he's selling a boat previously sold under another listing, he may have a legitimate reason or there may be a simple explaination. Either way no one in there right mind would part with the money without seeing the goods
Quick update to my earlier post as this is what i got back from the seller:

will start my email by telling you that I'm currently out of city so pick up isn't an option.The item is located home and

I will get somebody to ship it to you ...no problems...The price for the item is £1,800.00
The deal will go strictly according to eBay classified rules and policy .To start the official transaction, I need to know

your details :
- ebay user ID
- full name and address ( for the invoice so I know where to send the item ) ...
as soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important

guidelines + instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ). I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of

charge for you.
Also, a refund policy will be included.Looking forward to hear from you.
Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Details for item number: 330103732988
Item title: HUMBER 5 meter RIB Trailer 65hp Suzuki engine
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...DME:L:RTQ:UK:1
End date: Wednesday, 25 Apr, 2007 11:39:54 BST

Looks and sounds like a scam to me !
Old 29 March 2007, 13:37   #8
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Run for the hills!

John
Old 29 March 2007, 22:12   #9

Town: solent
Make: morbass
Length: 5m +
Engine: 55hp mariner
ive just spotted this on www.apolloduck.co.uk advert id: 57435
looks the same to me
Old 30 March 2007, 09:06   #10

Town: Cork
Boat name: Cúr na dDonnta
Make: Excalibur + Zapcat
Engine: Merc120TDI,Tohatsu50
Saw something similar on a car - couldn't resist it...

Well done with posting this Ashby. A pal asked me recently about buying a bargain car he spotted on eBay. It rang all the same alarm bells as this RIB listing so I couldn't resist pulling the would-be scammers chain.....

Subject: Honda S2000
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 23:10:29 GMT

Hello Dave and thank you for your interest,

I've almost reached an agreement with a buyer. Unfortunately, it looks like there are some problems and he doesn't have all the money to pay, for the moment. Therefore, if you are willing to pay the buy-it-now price 6000 GBP, I'm ready to start this transaction with you. First of all you should know that the car is in excellent condition, mechanically and aesthetically intact, it's UK model with UK specs and it has less than 5780 miles on it. This is a always garaged vehicle. The exterior is in mint condition, the overall interior is pristine throughout, no rips, tears, burns, stains or worn spots anywhere, NEVER smoked in. Although my ebay account was initiated in UK, I'm located in Netherlands for the moment. I spend a lot of the time in UK with business but I have my family here in Netherlands. I took the car with me here a few weeks ago. I'm willing to ship it from here through Sea Cargo Shipping and cover the shipping and insurance fees to your location. The total price is 6000 GBP shipping included. I thought selling this car through Ebay would be a good idea, giving the fact that I need some fast cash to buy a bigger house. I would like our transaction to be supervised by eBay Motors UK. In case we have a deal I will notify eBay Motors UK transactions department so they can inform you about my reliability and how we can proceed with this transaction in a 100% safe way.

Please let me know your position as soon as possible,

Alex.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply.

I understand what it is like trying to get the money together for a house!

Having the car in the Netherlands is good for me as I have many friends there. My brother lived there for years and we meet up regularly with the Dutch gang. Have you an address and contact details for where the car can be viewed so I can ask one of them to inspect it for me?

I'm sure one of them would be happy to deliver the car for me too as an excuse for a short holiday!

Regards

Dave
To: daibheid@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Honda S2000
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:03:50 GMT

Hello Dave and thanks for getting back to me.

I'm in for a fast sale so I guess it will be easier for me to ship it from here to your location in UK. My schedule is also very busy with a lot of day travelling through the country(Netherlands) and I find it a bit difficult to meet you or your friends at this time.
Our transaction will run under the supervision of eBay Motors UK Transactions department. Ebay Motors UK transactions will work for us just like an escrow service, just that the transaction will be faster and also 100% secure for both of us. You will send them the payment by direct bank wire transfer, then they will let me know that the payment is OK and I can start the shipping. After the car will arrive to you and you will inspect it, you will let them know that, so they can reveal to me the payment details. I will only be able to withdraw the money if I'll have the payment details from ebay. So if you are ready to proceed just let me know your full name and address and I will notify them so we can both get detailed information regarding proper payment, shipping and insurance to be used for this international deal.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Alex

Sent : Friday, February 9, 2007 2:53 PM
To : pg3334@juno.com
Subject : RE: Honda S2000

Hi Alex,

Sounds good to me and shipping the car means I'll get it faster with no strings attached with friends delivering it. My one concern though is how it will be covered for any damage during shipping or have you factored in transit insurance?

Assuming you can take care of that I'm ready to proceed with the deal at the agreed price. As you are financing a house you can perhaps help me to pay you quickly. I make some income from cash transactions in pharmaceutical commodities. This can make it slightly inconvenient to move money at times so I can offer you two payment options. One is an associate who will be transiting through Schipol on his way from Moscow could meet you next week and pay you cash in US dollars. He is a very interesting character and if you had some time to spare you would enjoy meeting him as he has many stories from his time with the spetsnaz.

The other option is one where you could make more than your asking price although I will have to take a big chance you are indeed an honest family man! I will courier a cashiers cheque for US$30,000 to you. When you have lodged the money, and only after it has cleared into your account, you transfer $10,000 to me and arrange to ship the car. So I give you $20,000 US for the car and your assistance with turning my US cheque into cash.

If you wish to proceed let me have your contact details, ie address and phone number so we can finalise the details of whichever payment option you like.

Regards

Dave

It all went a bit quiet then and the seller and the listing dissappeared after I complained to eBay about it. It's a fine example of the old adage , if it looks too cheap.... Maybe we should make it RIBNET thread to see who can ID and then wind up a scammer the most ?
Old 30 March 2007, 13:12   #11

Town: Shepperton
Boat name: Shamu
Make: BananaShark
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/yl-games83
how about this one????
boats come from china and you have to wait 30 days!!

look at the feedback, most of it is for items of 1p!!

i really fancied one of the inflatables
Old 30 March 2007, 15:38   #12

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Here's the site of the boats' manufacturer:

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/panthergroup

jky