Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post

£600 parts and labour
That's actually probably cheaper than a couple of routine services round here so you probably did the right thing by being lazy!
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2013, 11:26   #32

Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350sci x 2
Just as well the boats your interested in aren't made in Scunthorpe. Re Hardboats why not. I'd quite like a Phantom or an Extreme one day

This time last year I was working in Block 18 I.m thinking it's about 30 degrees at the moment..Say hello to the Doradoes and Manta rays for me[/QUOTE]

Prior to RIBing I've run a few Phantoms, last one was a 20 with a 280hp Offshore Merc hung off the back......all I've got to say is it wasn't family friendly ( especially at 90mph!). Great boats but for a social fun day, with room, comfort and safety I run a RIB

Old 30 March 2013, 18:08   #33

Town: Christchurch
Boat name: Sha-my-sha-my
Make: Valiant
Length: 4m +
I sold my RIB a few years back. Kids are old enough to enjoy getting out now, so I have the same decision to make. Even considered a sailboat for a while, but soon got past that one.

My thinking at the moment is that on a beautiful cloudless day a RIB will offer max smiles per hour. But as an overall year round ownership prospect, something with a heater and a loo will probably edge it.
Old 30 March 2013, 23:20   #34

Town: Leesburg
Make: Zodiac
Engine: Outboard 40
I have a 470 console RIB and a got a 22' cabin boat last fall.

The cabin boat has a fully enclosed cabin, berth, sink, stove, potti, seats, table, fridge, outside cockpit and has plenty of room for us (two adults). Last Dec. we took it 120 miles on the Potomac (US) in two days and spent the night on it. It was quite comfortable.

The RIB has got a console and a bench seat. We certainly would not have gone anywhere on it in Dec.

On the cabin boat the driving position is inside. There is a full roof and you have to look through windows to see out. On the RIB you are sitting outside and enjoying the view all around.

The RIB is like an old jeep (not that its old) in the that you can bomb around in it and go pretty much anywhere, stop where you like, etc. and not worry about it. The cabin boat is like having a big shiny Cadillac, you're afraid to scratch the paint and you can only park it in a proper space.

The Cadillac is prettier and much more comfy, but it is not anywhere as much pure fun.
Old 31 March 2013, 04:20   #35

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
There certainly seems to be more hard/mobo owners/wafi's on here than I imagined. Maybe we should get a hard boat section on ribnet...
Old 31 March 2013, 07:16   #36
RIBnet supporter

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: 200 Suzzy
You mean a counselling section?
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2013, 07:20   #37

Town: southampton
Although this is a RIB forum and the reason that I originally came here was because many of my friends had RIBís. It is also one of the best ďboatingĒ forums online.
A bit of micky taking aside we all have a common interest, and although we choose to go about it in different ways either through choice, financial constraints or style of boating required.
Itís all about getting out on the water
Some like to be out in all weathers battling the elements, others just want a nice day out with family and friends, then thereís thoughs who work with RIBís who bring another side to the story.
Iím sure most on here have been through many different types of boat in their time from eBay speedboats up to supper tankers.
Just think how boring life would be if everybody made the same choices
Old 31 March 2013, 07:29   #38

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
Certainly my favourite boating forum ! It's a mine of useful information for anybody interested in being out on the water & provided you don't get involved in the Landrover/Jap/Mercedes debate quite civilised...
I currently own a hardboat & a SIB with the usual collection of outboards so there's no end of useful chat on here.
Old 31 March 2013, 08:11   #39
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
You mean a counselling section?
Old 31 March 2013, 08:35   #40
RIBnet supporter

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
Although this is a RIB forum and the reason that I originally came here was because many of my friends had RIB’s. It is also one of the best “boating” forums online.
A bit of micky taking aside we all have a common interest, and although we choose to go about it in different ways either through choice, financial constraints or style of boating required.
It’s all about getting out on the water
Some like to be out in all weathers battling the elements, others just want a nice day out with family and friends, then there’s thoughs who work with RIB’s who bring another side to the story.
I’m sure most on here have been through many different types of boat in their time from eBay speedboats up to supper tankers.
Just think how boring life would be if everybody made the same choices
Well put mate. I've used quite a few other boat forums and this one is still the best.
Just not convinced on the wind assisted thing if I'm honest, still, I'm not known for my patience.

Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote