Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing

Old 19 April 2005, 14:33   #11
Town: swansea
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki

...haha, yeah lets hope the next rib international isnt going to be another 6 page marathon on a drawn out trip...sorry to bring back the issue, but im sure all rib international needs is a bit more helpful info, even adds, contact numbers etc, and then maybe one or two more articles, because i find it a bit odd that a mag near 4 quid should be sooooo thin, and be finnished within oone visit to the little boys room, bar looking at nice pictures of boats for the half hour after!...

xpertski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2005, 19:51   #12
Town: Sydney
Make: Gemini
Length: 5.05
Engine: 85hp Yamaha
I love the way he puts some onus on the coastguard

don't know why the coastguard didn't make the first call to St Mawes which was our last destination," he said. "I think it would have made sense if the coastguard had checked here first.

but at least he admits a lesson learnt...

"I think the lesson I've learnt is: 'Tell everybody exactly what you are doing'," he said. "To the coastguard's credit, they didn't leave a stone unturned."

ah well... alls well that ends well. I think its time we left old HMS alone for a while... and please, lets leave his family out of any ill-feeling that may be borne on this forum.

EdwardH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2005, 10:51   #13
Town: Cardiff
Make: Humber Destroyer 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp OB
Interesting that it is reported the he is writting an article for the magazine - rather than he is the editor of the magazine !

I wonder if that cost him a few pints for the reporter, makes it appear a little less embarrasing !

Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote