Old 03 February 2019, 18:31   #1

Town: Sheffield
Boat name: Touch Bottom
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50 hp Merc Power t&t
Alterations to tubes.

Just wondering if there is anyone in the Yorkshire area that can do alterations to the tubes on my SR4. I am thinking of putting a bow dodger on and the idea I have requires gluing rubber buttons on the front of the tubes. There was a guy in the Cheshire area I am sure it was a company called "Chinook" who did some work for me years ago, But I don't think he is in the business any more. I would be grateful for any help. Cheers Colin...
Old 03 February 2019, 20:00   #2

Town: Nottinghamshire
Make: Ranieri 15
Engine: Suzuki DF50
Are you over-thinking the difficulty?
Excel Boats sell bow-dodgers complete with all the tube fixings and glue in a couple of different sizes and colours according to the boat. Not taking anything away from guys on here who manufactured their own, these are easily adapted to any other SIB.

I'd never fitted one before but it a was a piece of cake only taking half an hour or so.

P.S. If the rubbing strakes can't take hooks like mine couldn't then Terry also supplies the necessary rubber buttons.
Old 04 February 2019, 07:26   #3

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
These things usually come with four of the glue on buttons you describe. This is a really simple job which you could do at home in an hour or so. Unless you can get the boat inside a garage and warm it up a bit I’d probably wait for the weather to improve and the outside temp to rise before gluing. Failing that there are a few companies “up North”. Sadly not an area I know very well - if you search on here you’ll find several.
Old 04 February 2019, 10:09   #4

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Just wondering if there is anyone in the Yorkshire area that can do alterations to the tubes on my SR4. I am thinking of putting a bow dodger on and the idea I have requires gluing rubber buttons on the front of the tubes. There was a guy in the Cheshire area I am sure it was a company called "Chinook" who did some work for me years ago, But I don't think he is in the business any more. I would be grateful for any help. Cheers Colin...
give walter and jason a ring central marine services 01159442442 junc 26 M1 ilkeston.
Old 05 February 2019, 16:25   #5

Town: Sheffield
Boat name: Touch Bottom
Make: Avon
Engine: 50 hp Merc Power t&t
many thanks for your reply's Some really good info there. I will look into the options, when I get more time, just a bit too busy at the mo. Tim M. I think you are spot on with the weather suggestion..