Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 20 June 2005, 11:56   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Boat name: JRib
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HPDI YAM
MMSI: sometime soon
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 93
I agree with hannah because sailors and fisherman think that own the water( being a sailor as well but ribin as well) we where down in the ski zone and a sailin boats sail in to it and start haveing a go because we where going to fast past him and makein to much wake. but he was makein ski boats drop there skier or make turns out of his way. he got very close to takein out a wakeborder if the wakeborder had not seen him i time he would have gone full speed in to the sailin boat and propaly hurt him self as well as got a nice bill at the same time.

RIBBOI
__________________

__________________
Dont Steal, the government hates competition!
RIB BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 11:59   #12
ADS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwozere
A decent skier shoulda been able to put out the bbq with one pass..
We have problems with fishermen in 'the run' at christchuch entrance. They set their lines right accross the channel, which is of course completely in the wrong.
However, it is most satisfying when you see their rod bend at 90 degrees and their reel doing 18,000 rpm as you come past at 25 knots
I have nothing against fishermen and agree we should share the sea, however it does irritate me when they have their lines right accross the channel.

regards

Alex
__________________

__________________
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:02   #13
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIB BOI
I agree with hannah because sailors and fisherman think that own the water( being a sailor as well but ribin as well) we where down in the ski zone and a sailin boats sail in to it and start haveing a go because we where going to fast past him and makein to much wake. but he was makein ski boats drop there skier or make turns out of his way. he got very close to takein out a wakeborder if the wakeborder had not seen him i time he would have gone full speed in to the sailin boat and propaly hurt him self as well as got a nice bill at the same time.

RIBBOI
If he was sailling in a sky zone would it not be a idea to bring this to the attention of the skipper!
So are we saying Hannah was skiing in a ski zone, if not what the hell is your point
__________________
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:11   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Shaken Blue
Make: ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: outbord petrol
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 404
Send a message via MSN to hannah
hmm some mixed opinions i think haha
But the guy was just fishing in the wrong spot , it is a bay, with jet skies , motorboats , wake boarding and stuff
SO it werent just me ok !!
__________________
Hbaker
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:12   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Farnborough
Boat name: Eleven
Make: Arrow
Length: 8m +
Engine: 557cu, 700hp
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,255
Probably dulled slightly by having to go home and replace the seals on yer gearbox,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
it is most satisfying when you see their rod bend at 90 degrees and their reel doing 18,000 rpm as you come past at 25 knots
I have nothing against fishermen and agree we should share the sea, however it does irritate me when they have their lines right accross the channel.
__________________
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:15   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Shaken Blue
Make: ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: outbord petrol
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 404
Send a message via MSN to hannah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat
Probably dulled slightly by having to go home and replace the seals on yer gearbox,

good point mat ,


and nick we were sort of in a skiing area , i suppose , everyone chose that spot to ski so i guess it could of been
its not our usual spot any ways , we were only there because the wind was blowing the opposite way
__________________
Hbaker
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:28   #17
ADS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat
Probably dulled slightly by having to go home and replace the seals on yer gearbox,
Just as well i dont do it then! Its an 8 knot limit there anyway.
__________________
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:38   #18
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Shaken Blue
Make: ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: outbord petrol
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 404
Send a message via MSN to hannah
8 knot limit where?
__________________
Hbaker
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:41   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Boat name: JRib
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 HPDI YAM
MMSI: sometime soon
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne
So are we saying Hannah was skiing in a ski zone, if not what the hell is your point
there was a point i was sayin that is not just jetski's and powerboats that piss peopler off and u hav to go right down the chanel to get to the ski zone and there are lots of boats goin around at high speed and if u sail down the chanel u get to a gr8 big mud bank so there is no point in being in that chanel if you are not skin or jetskin. thats my point

RIBBOI
__________________
Dont Steal, the government hates competition!
RIB BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2005, 12:43   #20
ADS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
8 knot limit where?
Christchuch Harbour entrance, then its a 4 knot limit in the harbour. Before you ask me where Christchurch is i ve sorted you a map!

cheers

Alex

&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf]Christchurch
__________________

__________________
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« New Redbays | Top | Torquay »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.