Old 04 December 2011, 12:10   #1

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Aftermarket consoles

What aftermarket consoles are available of reasonable quality out there?
I am considering changing the large console with front bench seat and side by side seating to a large single console with a inline double seat to gain some room in the RIB.
I need a wide and high console to give some shelter, pick up the underdeck trunk which is mounted well off centre and give enough room to mount all the electronics.
I have looked at various versions but either the manufacturer won't sell them seperately or they are just outrageously expensive.
The few I can buy at a reasonable price I have not seen whether they are reasonable quality, certainly some of the parts I have fitted aren't the best. The Humber console is solid but poorly put together and the aftermarket seats weren't particularly well glassed and are full of voids.
What are the Ribeye ones like as far as quality goes?
Old 04 December 2011, 13:14   #2

Town: West Scotland
Boat name: Orca
Make: Humber Ocean Pro 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 115 TLDI
XS do some nice big single consoles, they fit a 110l fuel tank in them. Not sure what you have fuel tank wise but 110l gives you good scope for cruising. Not sure if they supply them seperately and for what price but drop Lawrence an e-mail, he normally gets back to you pretty sharpish. Their consoles are glassed in, something to consider as they may not have the footprint to screw down (if thats how you plan to secure it).

I always thought for it's size, going by the pics, that your rib had a fair bit of space in the back. I'd considered a double when spec'ing mine but decided that in a 5.5m it just wasn't going to happen if I needed room to kit up, store cylinders etc. I finally ended up with sports console and 2 single jockeys behind, still takes alot of space up so I'm mulling over some kind of system to make the jockeys removable but haven't found an off the shelf system for this.
Old 04 December 2011, 13:21   #3

Town: West Scotland
Boat name: Orca
Make: Humber Ocean Pro 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 115 TLDI
There ya go, on ebay.

NEW JOCKEY CONSOLE Seat MOULDING Rib Boat Inflatable | eBay
Old 04 December 2011, 13:43   #4

Town: plymouth
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 200 verado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
What aftermarket consoles are available of reasonable quality out there?
I am considering changing the large console with front bench seat and side by side seating to a large single console with a inline double seat to gain some room in the RIB.
I need a wide and high console to give some shelter, pick up the underdeck trunk which is mounted well off centre and give enough room to mount all the electronics.
I have looked at various versions but either the manufacturer won't sell them seperately or they are just outrageously expensive.
The few I can buy at a reasonable price I have not seen whether they are reasonable quality, certainly some of the parts I have fitted aren't the best. The Humber console is solid but poorly put together and the aftermarket seats weren't particularly well glassed and are full of voids.
What are the Ribeye ones like as far as quality goes?
Dont say that, i ve just ordered a humber one!!

The Osprey ribs one looked very nice but he came back to me too late to order. The ribeye one was very nice but also very expensive.