Old 17 June 2004, 12:01   #31

Town: Crawley
Make: Ribeye / Typhoon
Length: 5m / 2.4m
Engine: Yamaha 80 four stroke
Ribeye

Tim

Thanks

I just got a bit fed up with his comments.

Not just because I have a Ribeye it would be the same for any make that someone was just going on and on about.

Anyway thats my moan over.

Peter

Old 17 June 2004, 13:02   #32

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Hi all
Just had to butt in and defend me old man, so sorry if he hit a raw nerve with all you happy Rib Eye owners out there.
However on this occation, and belive me this is not often, do I have to state the boy is right.
I remember when some of the first Rib Eye's turned up at at Ocean Quay, and poor Ben were unable to use them becaurse they were not stable on the water,add to this the fact the tubes started to to burst on the water, hardly helped to form in ones mind a happy first impression.
Kind Regards to all you folks out there
MRS ROUGE WAVE (BRITT SHE WHO WILL BE OBAYED)

Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2004, 13:05   #33

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
However on this occation, and belive me this is not often, do I have to state the boy is right.

Hi Britt!
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2004, 15:16   #34

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Hello Mrs Rogue Wave,

I can't imagine your old boy needs defending!

Your comment about how you "remember" the problems is exactly the point.

That was then...this is now.

Today's Ribeyes are well made, good quality, durable, excellent performance and in my opinion good looking Ribs. Believe me, I did a huge amount of research before buying mine and was fully aware of earlier problems, but was convinced by owners of the recent models that I would be buying a great boat...and they were right.

It's a bit like Alfa Romeos...in the past the quality and build was terrible, now they are highly regarded if a little quirky. But some people are still convinced that they will rust overnight on the driveway...and no I don't own one.
Old 17 June 2004, 15:34   #35

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
And another thing...

I will be the first to eat humble pie if I have have to come back on this forum with "how do I mend this" questions on things that have broken.

I don't anticipate doing so however, and shall be enjoying caviar and champagne long after all the Scorpions have sunk (apart from Richard B's who appears to have a very fair view on these things)
Old 17 June 2004, 18:21   #36

Town: Dartmouth
Length: 6m +
Rib eye

the original Rib-eye sports boat was, in my opinion a fantastic boat both in handling and performance, it took a bit of getting used to but i thought it was great. Unfortunately rib-eye felt the need to increase the beam on the 725 model, they decided to use the existing Pete Kidd designed hull and (i emphasise the 'in my opinion') completely spoilt the look of the boat.
Old 17 June 2004, 22:52   #37

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Well the foghorn has spoken....that will teach me not to log out when I go to sea! Those of you that know us are probably as surprised as me that Rogue Wife joined in.

Firstly I meant to put a smiley at the end of the comment re the repairs it was meant to be a bit of banter. But I do appreciate that having a pop at someones boat can be personal and I regret being the catalyst for dragging the discussion down to the name calling level. I never actually expected an invite to the Xmas Ribeye Owners Dinner Dance but I guess I've really got no chance now! Maybe the Falcon owners can forgive me in time. however I could really do with a couple of red blobs so please start dishin em out

I have never I aimed to be an expert on anything to do with Ribs...but I have a good deal of experience of Ribs both on and off the water and I ask a lot of questions and never miss an opprtunity to give a Rib the once over. I've also earned a living as a laminator in my youth so I do know a bit about GRP.

To get back to the original point of this thread

This is my view on the Ribeye They look good and they ride well and they have decent lumps but I think they have suspect quality control and the seat fastening system will be a point of failure as a result of this I suspect they won't hold their value well over the years. Bit like an Alfa Romeo re holding the value

Steve how much and what spec are the boats you are interested in.

Bruce both the Soent and the Scorpion handle well in rough conditions. more than a sea state 5 and you shouldn't really be out.

Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote