Old 11 August 2005, 07:33   #11
Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Originally Posted by Tim M
That Humber's on ebay at the moment. It's actually an ex scouts RIB; they tend to look after their kit, and it looks OK so could be good.....
Be very aware about those engines, i'm no expert but they look fairly old to me ! could be expensive if something goes wrong and remember if one dies your going to end up replacing both, twins can be a godsend or a complete night mare !

Best advise is to go and look at it, take someone with you that has an idea about what they are looking at and value it for its condition now, also worth really checking over those engines, i learnt the hard way and am still suffering the costs of a replacement engine even now, its an expensive thing to get wrong.

Tim's actually wrong, our Scouts run the boats up and down the beach, they live outdoors in all weather and becuase they are driven hard by lots of different people tend to suffer a lot more than privatly owned - again i learnt the hard way and bought an ex dingy club safety boat and again its cost me money to fix up, in general club and afety boats dont tend to get the hours of maintenance, polishing, chip fixing and general attention that privatly owned boats get.

Sorry Tim no offence meant

Bilge Rat is offline   Reply With Quote