Old 10 July 2012, 20:21   #1

Length: 3m +
advice needed

has anyone any knowledge or experience of domar corsair ribs
Old 10 July 2012, 20:48   #2
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
If it's the yellow one with the 25 Toohotsue, then it looks like value. Of course, you'll have to check everything. I'm sure the trailer is sh1te and the boat will be well worn, but if the motor is sound, then you're good. Deal a bit
Old 10 July 2012, 21:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
If it's the yellow one with the 25 Toohotsue, then it looks like value. Of course, you'll have to check everything. I'm sure the trailer is sh1te and the boat will be well worn, but if the motor is sound, then you're good. Deal a bit
its yellow alright and 4.4 metres i havent seen it yet but thanks for your reply
Old 10 July 2012, 21:12   #4
RIBnet Supporter

You need the motor to be sound. Basics are starting, changing gear, pumping a strong tell tail and good compression. Good compression is king.

Boat - holding air in all sections - independently is a bonus. Check that all the stringers (rails), keel board, floor boards and keel tube are sound. At that money, a few scuffs, worn patches etc are a given, you can fix them easily.

Trailer. At that price, it has to be pants. Don't sweat it.

FYI, for that size of SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat (it's not a RIB - Rigid Inflatable Boat) the engine is a bit underpowered, unless you're running light, e.g. no divers, water toys, football teams etc.
Old 10 July 2012, 21:24   #5

Quote:
You need the motor to be sound. Basics are starting, changing gear, pumping a strong tell tail and good compression. Good compression is king.

Boat - holding air in all sections - independently is a bonus. Check that all the stringers (rails), keel board, floor boards and keel tube are sound. At that money, a few scuffs, worn patches etc are a given, you can fix them easily.

Trailer. At that price, it has to be pants. Don't sweat it.

FYI, for that size of SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat (it's not a RIB - Rigid Inflatable Boat) the engine is a bit underpowered, unless you're running light, e.g. no divers, water toys, football teams etc.
I'm only buying the boat so have only knowledge of it re what I was told ie a few of the valves have cork in them a few patches on the floor and one patch on the tube
Old 10 July 2012, 21:28   #6
RIBnet Supporter

A patch is easy to repair, if it's in an open section of material, i.e. not on a seam. Valves can be replaced easily, if they can be sourced - but they're not cheap. You don't want to go to sea with corks in Check the condition of the transom, the timber and where it joins the tubes/floor.

TBH, at that kind of cash you can't be TOO picky.
Old 10 July 2012, 21:32   #7

Quote:
A patch is easy to repair, if it's in an open section of material, i.e. not on a seam. Valves can be replaced easily, if they can be sourced - but they're not cheap. You don't want to go to sea with corks in Check the condition of the transom, the timber and where it joins the tubes/floor.

TBH, at that kind of cash you can't be TOO picky.
i know