Old 30 July 2014, 10:55   #41
RIBnet supporter

Town: Accrington
Length: no boat
Pictures as promised

I have posted these pictures here rather than in a PM so that other Members/ Supporters can advise you for or against, I have nothing to hide.Click image for larger version

Name:	tMariner 4hp 001.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	97346

Click image for larger version

Name:	tMariner 4hp 002.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	97347

Name:	tMariner 4hp 003.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	97348

Name:	tMariner 4hp 006.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	97349

Name:	tMariner 4hp 005.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	97350
Old 30 July 2014, 11:03   #42
RIBnet supporter

A few more

I would be willing to meet you at the Brighouse junction on the M62 (the one were the car auction place is) FOC any further would need to be discussed.Click image for larger version

Name:	tMariner 4hp 007.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	97351

Name:	tMariner 4hp 009.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	97352

Name:	tMariner 4hp 011.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	97353

Name:	tMariner 4hp 012.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	97354

It will be fully demonstrated to you before payment, I will bring some water and a container.

Just let me know, I will not be offended if you decide you do not want it as I am not bothered about selling it.

Old 30 July 2014, 11:52   #43

Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartiny View Post
I would be willing to meet you at the Brighouse junction on the M62 (the one were the car auction place is) FOC any further would need to be discussed.Attachment 97351

Attachment 97352

Attachment 97353

Attachment 97354

It will be fully demonstrated to you before payment, I will bring some water and a container.

Just let me know, I will not be offended if you decide you do not want it as I am not bothered about selling it.

That's a fantastic offer and typifies the true spirit of the committed 'Ribnetter'.

Willing to travel across the border to the white rose county, on a no-obligation basis, to demonstrate a working engine he's not really bothered about selling.
Old 30 July 2014, 11:56   #44

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
Looks like a decent little engine at a fair price !!

It's me that's offered him the inflatable for £75. I've bought a Honwave 3.5 Ally floor and 20hp Tohatsu so need a bit of room in the shed.
The boats complete but had issues with the transom where it goes into the tube sleeves so I glued & screwed it last year before the holiday.It's not pretty but I think a strong job with stainless screws & cup washers. No problems with a 15hp Mariner two stroke on it plus a mouse nibbled the floor so I had a mouse size hole to patch (both sides) !

Could be on the water at a real budget price.......!

I've sent photos.
Old 30 July 2014, 13:14   #45

Town: driffield
Quote:
I would be willing to meet you at the Brighouse junction on the M62 (the one were the car auction place is) FOC any further would need to be discussed.Attachment 97351

Attachment 97352

Attachment 97353

Attachment 97354

Thanks for the pics in my limited experience it looks immaculate I will have a word with the bank manager (aka the wife) and be in touch thanks again
Old 30 July 2014, 15:41   #46
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Thanks for the pics in my limited experience it looks immaculate I will have a word with the bank manager (aka the wife) and be in touch thanks again
Fired it up this afternoon 2nd pull (I know i would say that wouldnt I but it did) not run it since last September took a couple more pics.

1st pic tickover, 2nd forward gear, 3rd reverse gear, 4th back to tickover.

Name:	tMariner 4hp 013.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	97355

Name:	tMariner 4hp 014.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	97356

Name:	tMariner 4hp 015.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	97357

Name:	tMariner 4hp 016.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	97358

This with the inflatable that you have been offered by paddlers for £75.00 in my opinion you cant lose. At least it will 'give you a low cost way of finding out if you are going to like boating.

Old 30 July 2014, 16:21   #47

You are dead right my thinking is to hopefully get ur engine and paddlers boat and replace boat in a season or 2 but keep engine hopefully for years to come. Thanks for the extra pics.
Old 30 July 2014, 17:24   #48

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Some very generous people on here
Old 30 July 2014, 18:26   #49

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Top man indeed - chapeau to you.
Old 30 July 2014, 21:01   #50
keg

Town: Leeds
Boat name: Searider SR4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: 55HP
In the short time i have been a member on here, having bought one boat and sold another, everyone i have dealt with has been brilliant!
Old 01 August 2014, 16:57   #51

Just picked up my boat from paddlers. What a nice guy took his time showing me how to set it up and gave me a few bits of advice. Thankyou
Old 01 August 2014, 17:32   #52
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Just picked up my boat from paddlers. What a nice guy took his time showing me how to set it up and gave me a few bits of advice. Thankyou
Good one, you will be out on the water soon
Old 02 August 2014, 12:36   #53

Yer just hope for some good weather nxt week
Old 03 August 2014, 09:50   #54
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Willing to travel across the border to the white rose county, on a no-obligation basis, to demonstrate a working engine he's not really bothered about selling.
Very enthusiastic indeed! Almost Professional I'd say!
From his ebay ad:

"I have over 25 years experience in the marine trade and outboards and i do my absolute best not to sell rubbish engines.

I test all engines i sell for a minimum of 1 or more hours on the river or in a test tank before i list them so buy in confidence

I always try my best to make sure anything i sell is reliable and fit for its use before it goes out

This is a good running engine and and can be seen running for as long as you like here at Hampton in middx

Note

Although I do my absolute best to make sure engines I sell are as good as possible i have recently noticed an increase in to too high expectations of these older 2 stroke outboards

All these 2 stroke engines are at least 10 years old now as they stopped importing them in 2004 and it was illegal to sell them after 2006

It is still illegal to sell one that was imported after this date to a private buyer

Most of these cheaper 2 strokes and the older 4 strokes ( a new 10hp 4 stroke is now £1,900.00-£2,800.00 ) are well older than 2004 and usually at least 15 years old and older

Age is not always a factor in an outboards reliability and usually it comes down to how much use its had and how well it was looked after

There are lots of very good 2 strokes still out there but there are increasingly far more bad ones ( I should know as I get ripped of from private sellers all the time and they end up in my scrap shed )

Bottom line is if you intend to put a lot of work through an engine then buy a new engine or fully re build an older one for yourself

Don't expect a 20 year old one to be run at full throttle all day or pushed hard for obvious reasons as you will just ruin your boating experience

All engines have a finite life span and like any engine can and do go wrong, Especially as outboards have to work in a challenging and hostile environment with often little or no maintenance

The pool of good 2 strokes is now getting smaller and smaller and you take a risk on reliability on any second hand engine you buy

This fact seems to have been lost on some people recently
"
Old 03 August 2014, 09:54   #55
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Very enthusiastic indeed! Almost Professional I'd say!
From his ebay ad:

"I have over 25 years experience in the marine trade and outboards and i do my absolute best not to sell rubbish engines.

I test all engines i sell for a minimum of 1 or more hours on the river or in a test tank before i list them so buy in confidence

I always try my best to make sure anything i sell is reliable and fit for its use before it goes out

This is a good running engine and and can be seen running for as long as you like here at Hampton in middx

Note

Although I do my absolute best to make sure engines I sell are as good as possible i have recently noticed an increase in to too high expectations of these older 2 stroke outboards

All these 2 stroke engines are at least 10 years old now as they stopped importing them in 2004 and it was illegal to sell them after 2006

It is still illegal to sell one that was imported after this date to a private buyer

Most of these cheaper 2 strokes and the older 4 strokes ( a new 10hp 4 stroke is now £1,900.00-£2,800.00 ) are well older than 2004 and usually at least 15 years old and older

Age is not always a factor in an outboards reliability and usually it comes down to how much use its had and how well it was looked after

There are lots of very good 2 strokes still out there but there are increasingly far more bad ones ( I should know as I get ripped of from private sellers all the time and they end up in my scrap shed )

Bottom line is if you intend to put a lot of work through an engine then buy a new engine or fully re build an older one for yourself

Don't expect a 20 year old one to be run at full throttle all day or pushed hard for obvious reasons as you will just ruin your boating experience

All engines have a finite life span and like any engine can and do go wrong, Especially as outboards have to work in a challenging and hostile environment with often little or no maintenance

The pool of good 2 strokes is now getting smaller and smaller and you take a risk on reliability on any second hand engine you buy

This fact seems to have been lost on some people recently
"
Whats your point willk? that is not my ad!!!
Old 03 August 2014, 10:18   #56
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Whats your point willk? that is not my ad!!!
Well I'll be damned - neither it is - sorry dude! The link to someone else's motor on ebay in your original offer foxed me. Nice motor BTW...
Old 03 August 2014, 10:20   #57
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Well I'll be damned - neither it is - sorry dude! The link to someone else's motor on ebay in your original offer foxed me. Nice motor BTW...
Accepted, Thank you.
Old 03 August 2014, 13:36   #58

Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
RIBase
Quote:
Just checking whether the batteries are still working in my Irony Detector, or not?
Old 03 August 2014, 15:16   #59

I think it was Willk s missing trade member alarm that had a false detection
Old 03 August 2014, 15:34   #60
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
I think it was Willk s missing trade member alarm that had a false detection
Yer! Ever since Poly and Nos and JK took Auguary off and went on holidays, I've been a bit twitchy...it's just me and the whine of the servers

I read the link and went to DEFCON 3