Old 13 April 2018, 15:23   #1

Town: Wolverhampton
Length: no boat
Advice

Afternoon, I have seen an advert for a Stealth Rib with 90hp Yam on the back, the buyer is wanting offers and doesn't seem to offer an indication as to what he would like. The advert text is below, could any of you perhaps give me an indication?

Right lets start or where do I start it's a Stealth Inflatable Rib 5.3 mtr with the bullet proff 90 2 Stroke YAMAHA Engine Fitted with power trim. She STARTS 1 ST TIME EVERYTIME this a FAST boat with a lot of class note (engine is six grand plus).
she sits on a twin wheel roller trailer .

She has covers for all parts of the boat including the main cover to protect the whole boat the only 1 bad point on the hole boat is on the front right hand side of the rib there is a battle scar
( a patch ) which was like it when I brought it .
I can guarantee it makes no difference to the inflation of the rib what so ever 100% .

PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME OF THE PICTURES ARE OF THE BOAT AT BEFORE IT HAD THE NEW UPHOLSTERY FITTED.

when I brought it I wanted it looking the business so I got to work,I had all the upholstery redone in 1 single blue fabric which was not cheap (£450 ) being a very high weather proff material even down to all the ropes refitted with new ones (£50 ).

Then i had fitted a second Genuine Yamaha tank (£75) just in case I needed more fuel while out haveing fun .

Then it was down to my lights so I had led lights fitted all round ( NOT CHEAP RUBBISH DURALITE ).
This boat can light up anywhere IN the most dark nights out on the water BELEAVE ME .

Even under the rear of the boat where it has had blue led lights fitted to light up the rear of the boat and prop under the water in bright blue.

It has also has had led lights fittid in each cupboard to see what you are doing .

Then we can move onto the media sterio system fitted ( Alpine and Clarion ) simply put your flash drive in which sounds very nice when you are out on the water, weather it's a loud sound going across the water or just a simple stop turn the engine off and relax .
Also not forgetting the boat to shore radio .

In this sale it also comes with a MASSIVE 21 life Jackets to fit from the smallest person to big adult again not cheap rubbish as you can see .

To add to the sale I have also included all the toys which include rings, banana ski rope .
There is also another ring which is brand new also in the sale there are 2 para senders including helmets and huge rope which i never got round to useing impulse brought if I am honest a bit to dangerous for my likeing .

If you look at the pictures you will see this boat owes me THOUSANDS but SADLY she has to go so I am selling it all in one go ....

This boat needs nothing only fuel which there is some of that also .

This is a chance to buy a LIFE TIME INVESTMENT that does not need nothing !! I could go on all day about her but I think the pictures do say a bit of what she is all about .
Old 13 April 2018, 17:43   #2

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Personally I'd approach that with care. The copy sounds a tad "chavvy". £6k+ for a 2nd hand 2st Yam?? Anyone who knows boats knows that the fewer lights the better. I'd be (very) surprised if that boat would pull a parascender.
I've never heard of "Stealth" ribs, but that could be a lack of knowledge on my part.
Caveat Emptor
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2018, 17:54   #3

I totally agree with all of your comments and my little bit of knowledge and research didn’t throw anything up for Stealth boats. I am not impressed by all of the lights and wouldn’t want the parachute and half of the bits he raves on but, it does look tidy although I do not know why he is not giving an indication to price. Effectively a Dutch auction. I had seen it was listed on eBay but obviously failed to sell, I think he is going to be wanting a lot more than it is probably worth. Think I will steer clear, was just interested on peoples thoughts on price
Old 13 April 2018, 18:01   #4

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglenook View Post
I totally agree with all of your comments and my little bit of knowledge and research didn’t throw anything up for Stealth boats. I am not impressed by all of the lights and wouldn’t want the parachute and half of the bits he raves on but, it does look tidy although I do not know why he is not giving an indication to price. Effectively a Dutch auction. I had seen it was listed on eBay but obviously failed to sell, I think he is going to be wanting a lot more than it is probably worth. Think I will steer clear, was just interested on peoples thoughts on price

Well, based on not seeing it & no idea about "stealth" ribs + minimal info on engine & trailer, I'd say a couple of grand for the engine, a grand for the trailer & a couple for the hull = r£5-6k tops. This is without knowing age, condition etc. I'm assuming everything works & is in good order.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 13 April 2018, 18:46   #5

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>> assuming everything works & is in good order.

You would seem so as the seller says it " does not need nothing"!
Old 13 April 2018, 21:02   #6

Town: Denny
Boat name: Highland Bluewater
Length: 6m +
There was a strange "three pointer" speed boat called a Stealth.......
Old 13 April 2018, 21:18   #7

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Step away from the scam. Sounds like it was composed on a stolen phone on the top deck of a bus.

Comes with '21 lifejackets' that cracked me up!
Old 14 April 2018, 07:01   #8

Length: 7m +
Sounds like a scam to me, it reads as though someone has put the original text which was not in english into a google or equivalent translation application, hence the english comes out a tad odd to say the least. And why not a new picture ? stay well clear is my advice.
Old 16 April 2018, 08:14   #9

Thanks for the advice, it was listed on marketplace via facebook but I cant work out how to post pictures from there to here, anyway, I think i will give it a wide berth, excuse the pun and continue to look
Old 16 April 2018, 10:32   #10

RIBase
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, it was listed on marketplace via facebook but I cant work out how to post pictures from there to here, anyway, I think i will give it a wide berth, excuse the pun and continue to look

IMO you've made the correct decision. You also asked for advice before parting with your hard earned, the number of folk who find Ribnet after parting with cash is worrying.
Old 16 April 2018, 10:51   #11

I can't fault the knowledge on here, I bought a SIB after taking advice from here a few years ago and now am considering something bigger again, I did have a Beneteau 550 but a matrimonial forced me to part with that sadly. I like the idea of a RIB and it would suit my needs nicely so am going to start looking
Old 16 April 2018, 11:00   #12

RIBase
Advice

Quote:
I can't fault the knowledge on here, I bought a SIB after taking advice from here a few years ago and now am considering something bigger again, I did have a Beneteau 550 but a matrimonial forced me to part with that sadly. I like the idea of a RIB and it would suit my needs nicely so am going to start looking

If you post your rough budget, desired size & layout, purpose, engine preference etc, you'll have more eyes on the lookout.
Old 16 April 2018, 21:51   #13

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
Sounds like a scam to me, it reads as though someone has put the original text which was not in english into a google or equivalent translation application, hence the english comes out a tad odd to say the least.
Nope! I've never known google translate spit out poor English spelling:

Quote:
which was like it when I brought it .

when I brought it I wanted it looking the business so I got to work,I had all the upholstery redone in 1 single blue fabric which was not cheap (£450 ) being a very high weather proff material even down to all the ropes refitted with new ones (£50 ).

Then i had fitted a second Genuine Yamaha tank (£75) just in case I needed more fuel while out haveing fun .

This boat can light up anywhere IN the most dark nights out on the water BELEAVE ME .

It has also has had led lights fittid in each cupboard to see what you are doing .
Old 16 April 2018, 22:37   #14

Engine: Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Personally I'd approach that with care. The copy sounds a tad "chavvy". £6k+ for a 2nd hand 2st Yam?? Anyone who knows boats knows that the fewer lights the better. I'd be (very) surprised if that boat would pull a parascender.
I've never heard of "Stealth" ribs, but that could be a lack of knowledge on my part.
Caveat Emptor
Ever pulled a parascender?

I presume not as a 90hp will easily pull a parascender. In fact I used to use a twin harness parascender behind my old Fletcher arrowstreak with 85 Yamaha.
Old 17 April 2018, 08:51   #15

RIBase
Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom 19 View Post
Ever pulled a parascender?

I presume not as a 90hp will easily pull a parascender. In fact I used to use a twin harness parascender behind my old Fletcher arrowstreak with 85 Yamaha.

In which case, I stand "very surprised"