Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
That's a good idea!
Then I could pay £27,000 milage tax
why didn't I think of that

Well you will just have to get a third job..........

Jonathan

Old 06 June 2005, 10:35   #12

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
This of course will never be used to abuse our human rights like finding out where we have been and how fast we been driving.
Still taking the duty off petrol is a good idea!

Whenever, did anybody living in the UK have any rights in the first place....
Dont forget "you are a British subject" and not a "citizen" . The queen - god bless her cotton socks - can do anything she pleases with you..... great country!!!!!!!!

Jonathan

Old 06 June 2005, 10:39   #13

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
The issue here is that it helps the wrong people if you live in town and only do a few miles per year then you will be better off, but these are the people who have access to good public transport and because they are only doing a few miles per year really donít need a car but people who really need a car because they are doing hundreds of miles a day either between cities or because they live in the remoter parts of the country will get hit because they will have no alternative but to drive
I worked out how much it would cost me currently to do my typical business trip by public transport. It would only cost four times as much when you compare fuel to tickets but the time required to make connections etc meant I couldnít do it in a day and in fact it might even be tricky to do it in two days. So how can I do my job with out using my car and the answer is I couldnít

Still back to ribs, if you think the government will not take this opportunity to hit fuel used on boats you havenít been paying attentions Des
Old 06 June 2005, 11:48   #14

Town: romsey
Boat name: marlin monroe
Make: ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: honda 50
The Motorists Are Revolting!!

I heard a politician on the radio today say this new "road pricing" idea is not a "revenue raising measure" (oops....that flying pig just missed me!!). He tried to argue it would not cost the "average" motorist anymore.....who at present pays out £1.30ish in fuel for each mile, even at our fuel prices? Unless your name's Michael Schumacher and you've taken your gran out for a pizza in the Formula One!! Surely a basic qualification to be a politicain should be O level maths!! And...er...a hint of common sense!

He also said the measures were to discourage the "motorist" from using "busy routes" at "busy times" and those routes would be priced the highest! So we all respond by getting to work either very very early or better still very very late via the great British network of single track lanes with passing places...and farm tracks!

I'm off to eat chocolate!

Julie