Old 28 May 2007, 21:30   #61
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
wot yew laffin att yew welch git. i rekon dat minser jonn elton iz rite upp mollirs streat

i herd thay by ther sirups fromm de saim plaice

garF
Old 28 May 2007, 21:54   #62

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Yep,good it was too.Elt was out of there in the Bell Jetranger before we'd gotton out of the stadium. He'd have been home in Berkshire, tucked up in David before I'd finished my KFC.
Anyone caught 'Gavin and Stacey' on BBC3? It's the only funny thing on TV. The vicar, Bradders, must know OD. He's got him off to perfection.
Old 28 May 2007, 22:29   #63

Town: London
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 150
you may be intereested to read this:

http://www.maib.gov.uk/cms_resources/Big_Yellow.pdf

it is the report into a RIB accident in cornwall where the rib just came apart at speed. In particular, take a look at page 36 where it shows the build quality of the internal beams and strengthening. Makes you want to know where your RIB was made!
Old 28 May 2007, 23:05   #64

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudilb View Post
you may be intereested to read this:

http://www.maib.gov.uk/cms_resources/Big_Yellow.pdf

it is the report into a RIB accident in cornwall where the rib just came apart at speed. In particular, take a look at page 36 where it shows the build quality of the internal beams and strengthening. Makes you want to know where your RIB was made!

Yep I absolutely agree with you!. ! that's one of the easons ribs made in SA don't do a lot for me.

Surely though it isn't so much where it's made as how it's made?

Also I wonder if the MAIB/MCA took action against the manufacturer or CE plating agents
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 12:17   #65

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
I would also like to add this is a very interesting thread - as a manufacturer with an aim to make a boat at least as good as anything else out there in terms of quality, customer service and seakeeping, we also make our tanks either removeable, or in the case of built in tanks the whole top of the tank can be removed and there is a full size floor above that - as someone else mentioned that adds to the expense, but I believe that the only way to stay ahead of the cheap imports (present company excluded of course!) is to make a better boat to a higher standard. The built in tanks also use a special approved fuel proof resin. We also use tinned marine grade cable and all of our crimp connectors are the glue heatshrink ones thus preventing the dreaded black wire that regular copper only cables suffer from.
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 20:20   #66

Length: 10m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Dear JON
I am afraid i have to tell you there are CHOPPERS IN YEOVIL but thankfully they they are the rotor bladed type & are built at WESTLANDS down the road from RIBCRAFT. I have to say though i agree on the spray chopped mat, i once owned a SEALINE S34 that had hull & stringers that where made up with chopped mat. On the way home from the channel islands once it got a bit lumpy so i slowed down to approx 8>10Knts, when back in Weymouth i found the heads did'nt work so up came the deck plates to take a look & i was horrified, at least 8 stringers on the port side & the same on the starboard side had just split open & away from the hull also 2 engine bearers had broken up to. Sealine came & took a look & a low loader arrived the next day & took her away with a full refund or new boat, i took the refund as i wanted a boat i could feel safe with.....brought a Sunseeker Portifino 400, totally different kettle of fish all hand layed up with rovings the thing was bullet proof. I would never knowingly buy a boat again that was SPRAYED INTO THE MOULD as i use a boat all year around & in all weathers i like to think that what im in will stay in one piece, got a Ribcraft now as well, Exellent boat + build.
Mike.

Glas Craft have supplied Chopper systems to Sealine, Fairline, Princess and Sunseeker!

Andre, it appears that the Transverse Bulkheads sit directly on to the hull skin. Do you not sit them on foam Top Hats?