Old 29 March 2012, 03:14   #51
Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
.. holding the Aframe is almost the finale after getting the dry suit off ... then I discovered dry suits with ahem 'extra' zips
Try a search for P-valve.

jyasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2012, 06:47   #52
Town: Alton
Boat name: Seascaper
Make: Zodiac Hurricane, Ca
Length: 6m +
Engine: Diesel 170hp
Make sure you are not removing a self righting A frame otherwise you could be in for an inverted surprise should you capsize.

red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2012, 10:56   #53
Town: Livingston
Boat name: Volante
Make: Osprey Eagle 5.6m
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner Optimax 125
No, it a home made job, and a rough home made job at that!
Shog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2012, 01:35   #54
Town: Goudswaard
Boat name: mr D
Make: Deltapower
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha f300 BETU
Originally Posted by Rokraider
As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, it really is horses for courses.
If you were operating a Safety Boat where I am, the boat spec I am building is what I want to fulfil my tasks based on experience gained. I view it as a working boat rather than a pleasure boat, so it is function over aesthetics.It wont be to most peoples taste, but it will do what I want.

I had an A frame and have binned it as it got in the way when dealing with some incidents. What I am building now will improve the boat for the roles I am using it for. I will post some pics when its finished.
I would be interested to see the pics when finished! We also almost binned the a frame for reasons indicated but in the end(leaving it on another 6 months) it proofed,to be a.good way of getting all the gizmo's ( antennas - flashy lights - place to put boat's Registration number - windset - navlights) out of harms way and it also has been a great tool to haul buoys around a racing course at high speeds without towing them or ' hugging' the engine all the time, so we decided to leave the a frame in.
Have been pin end boat at an international regatta last year (ISAF format requires a boat there marking the line instead of a (dan) buoy) and then it actually proved to be a good safety feature (didnt feel the urge of wearing a helmet anymore) but.... Horses for courses!

For our yachtclub rsq boats NO WAY they would have a frames for reasons you indicated , they (and their drivers)hit things they shouldnt.

Thanks for the consoleframe / t top idea i actually like this a lot although it will get also in the way if a dinghy is in an not entirey upright position one way or the other. one problem in close quarters i foresee is the fact there is still a big structure with a lot of gizmos but this time you dont see it when driving....i might be wrong since have no experience with it whatsoever...

gohelm is offline   Reply With Quote