Click Here to Login

Old 14 February 2005, 21:40   #21

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
I was out on mine yesterday, It looks rough but it's strong and durable great boat for rescuing little Princess's
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2005, 01:20   #22

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Dan,

Sure glad that you and Brittany are OK. It's amazing how quickly things can happen in fast water. I'm glad that you posted about the incident, becuase it can help the rest of us forsee potential hazards that we kight might not have thought much of before. That lifejacket is impressive!

Bilge Rat,

Love those pics of the nose of your searider Now that's a real inflatable! Looks like it's been through a couple of wars and numerous clandestine missions, and yet it yearns for more of the same. If it could talk it would be saying "Yeah - bring it on!". None of this foo-foo bluewater Mediteranean stuff with custom pinstripes to match the owner's polo shirt and sandals. Grey hypalon with patches is where it's at.
Old 15 February 2005, 08:25   #23

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Hey...I'll be asking you...........

.............to step outside if you continue with talk like that (how tall are you) Let me tell you PT, my pinstripe Med style Luxury RIB will lead (not follow) anything and everything wherever they may wish to go and in whatever conditions the Almighty may wish to put our way. It's not the boat that gives up, it's the man. Furthermore, just because a boat is not scared, battered and bruised, does not necessarily mean it is any less a craft, it possibly means the owner is a caring, cautious, well practiced and experienced skipper.

So, if you're 5'4", weigh around 80 kilos and bench press no more than 60 kilos - come one, bring it on and step outside
Old 15 February 2005, 08:29   #24

Good advice........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Your nipper will probably see it as part of lifes rich tapestry, talk it through with her and get her to help you fix(!) the boat ready for the next time you go out! make a point of showing the problem and how it was fixed!
.........kids like to be involved, this sort of approach has worked with my daughter. If they think they have a bit of knowledge and are allowed to be involved in things, they enjoy it a lot more - just like us really.
Old 15 February 2005, 08:45   #25

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMe
.............to step outside if you continue with talk like that (how tall are you) Let me tell you PT, my pinstripe Med style Luxury RIB will lead (not follow) anything and everything wherever they may wish to go and in whatever conditions the Almighty may wish to put our way. It's not the boat that gives up, it's the man. Furthermore, just because a boat is not scared, battered and bruised, does not necessarily mean it is any less a craft, it possibly means the owner is a caring, cautious, well practiced and experienced skipper.

So, if you're 5'4", weigh around 80 kilos and bench press no more than 60 kilos - come one, bring it on and step outside
Come on MeMe, PT has a point it is all about perception, if your boat was a fighter it gives the impression of being able to give a really mean Chinese burn or perhaps it could scratch your eyes out , but a Sea Rider would rip your head off then shag you while drinking a pint of very strong beer.
Des
Old 15 February 2005, 11:51   #26

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Des
Come on MeMe, PT has a point it is all about perception, if your boat was a fighter it gives the impression of being able to give a really mean Chinese burn or perhaps it could scratch your eyes out , but a Sea Rider would rip your head off then shag you while drinking a pint of very strong beer.
Des

Des your terminology is scary, though i'd expect no less from a mighty Pac driver
Old 15 February 2005, 12:00   #27

Quote:

Meme i think what Tuber was trying to say is that those med type fancy boats with pin stripes and picnic tables look great on your med holiday catologue but are very little use to man or beast in a rescue situation, though had i been hanging onto that rope i'd have been just as pleased to have seen you coming as anyone else, Seariders were designed and built primarily as rescue and support boats and fulfill the role very well indeed, though it does raise a debate about whether or not one wants a roughty toughty rescue boat or a nice comfy boat suitable for family outings.
Old 15 February 2005, 12:08   #28
CND

Town: UK
Boat name: Searider Something !
MMSI: witheld number
It was a big tide running on Sunday so ideally not a good day to be in the water.

These things do happen and its a credit to everybody on the forum here that there were friends about when you needed them

It is a good idea to go boating in company and i am sure that the trips that we organise on here do promote safer boating for us all.

Well done guys.
Old 15 February 2005, 13:52   #29

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Quote:

LOL, not sure if I qualify, but nonetheless, if you're willing to help out with airfare across the pond, AND are willing to take me for a daytrip in your cruiser... you're welcome to beat me senseless.

Just let me know what colour polo shirt and sandals to bring

I know things can be made solid and fashionable, though it is often not the case. But to reiterate, nothing is as beautiful as grey hypalon with stains, patches and strands of fabric protruding from the seam edges.
Old 15 February 2005, 13:56   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber
LOL, not sure if I qualify, but nonetheless, if you're willing to help out with airfare across the pond, AND are willing to take me for a daytrip in your cruiser... you're welcome to beat me senseless.

Just let me know what colour polo shirt and sandals to bring

I know things can be made solid and fashionable, though it is often not the case. But to reiterate, nothing is as beautiful as grey hypalon with stains, patches and strands of fabric protruding from the seam edges.
Tuber....i'd pay the air fare for you to come over just to see MeMe attempt to beat someone up
Old 15 February 2005, 14:08   #31

Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
saying that my last med style white rib never broke down once
it was well crap over any chop

any way who cares what colour it is as long as it works fine all the time when needed

but seariders do last a long time and take a lot of use and still look good when your floating passed on a sunday morning

DAN TD5
Old 15 February 2005, 14:52   #32

Of course, I agree with.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
Meme i think what Tuber was trying to say is that those med type fancy boats with pin stripes and picnic tables look great on your med holiday catologue but are very little use to man or beast in a rescue situation, though had i been hanging onto that rope i'd have been just as pleased to have seen you coming as anyone else, Seariders were designed and built primarily as rescue and support boats and fulfill the role very well indeed, though it does raise a debate about whether or not one wants a roughty toughty rescue boat or a nice comfy boat suitable for family outings.
........every word. And - come on you know I'm only joshin'
Old 15 February 2005, 14:55   #33

Yep - agree with you........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary Des
Des
....as well. However, as you've mentioned "Chinese", I don;t know about you, but every time I see a China-man, I always think twice about having a go. They may be little spindley looking things - but hey - look at Bruce Lee. Get my drift ?
Old 15 February 2005, 14:57   #34

Lol.....

[QUOTE=prairie tuber] LOL, not sure if I qualify, but nonetheless, Just let me know what colour polo shirt and sandals to bring QUOTE]
......Striped of course - oh and Musto
Old 15 February 2005, 15:29   #35

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
....as well. However, as you've mentioned "Chinese", I don;t know about you, but every time I see a China-man, I always think twice about having a go. They may be little spindley looking things - but hey - look at Bruce Lee. Get my drift ?
I take your point, the last person to beat me up was cunning enough to be Chinese and was a least a foot smaller than me. But he was 10 and I was 9 so he had age and experience on his side

Des
Old 15 February 2005, 18:26   #36

as you lot love sea riders so much i a managed to recover the pics from the wet camera for all to sea

it seems sd card are waterproof

i seemed to have got the lot

tim
chris
richard
and rich L
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	last1.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	10423   Click image for larger version

Name:	last2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	10424   Click image for larger version

Name:	last3.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	10425   Click image for larger version

Name:	last4.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	10426  
Old 15 February 2005, 20:25   #37

Town: Nr Faversham, Kent
Boat name: C Rider
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 80
Hi Dan,

Maybe show the card to Navman?

My searider is true blood British bulldog. A bit scraggy round the edges, agreed, bet its ripped a few heads off in its time. But it is house trained -namely no leaks.

Catch you later.
Tim'mers.
Old 15 February 2005, 21:21   #38

Tim
ive just sprayed wd40 into the camera fingers crossed

any way i think bethany as come to terms with the dunking she got

she as completed this drawing

i like the bit me ha were she fell in

she may now go out when its warmer but she still wants to go faster than i can and asked will any be with us with a faster boat. when we went to levington she spent the day on wayne rogers vailant PT520 with 90 hp
dads boats to slow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bethanys pic.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	10433  
Old 15 February 2005, 21:51   #39

Town: NW/SW/Nigeria
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
Send a message via MSN to Action Man
awww how sweet.....I see it will be known from this point on as "the day of THE accident"

glad to see the result was a happy one

Old 16 February 2005, 08:30   #40

Town: Nr Faversham, Kent
Boat name: C Rider
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 80
To Bethany,

Fantastic picture. Well done.
I can offer you a ride in Okada which is the boat that rescued you and dad.
It goes quite fast and is a bit bigger than dads.
If you feel upto it maybe even take the wheel and show dad how its done and that it is not difficult to drive a boat.

What do think.
Let me know.
Tim.