Harry
Nope but soon I hope.
Old 15 December 2006, 00:06   #42

Town: Loch Lurgain
Boat name: an t-easnach
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda 50
bhuel, ár ndóigh, tá dá thaobh ar gach scéal, ach spéisiul go maith do scéalsa, a daibhéid. Is tugaim faoi deara an mhéid a bhi le scriobh ag polwart freisin.
Old 15 December 2006, 04:09   #43

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Just finished reading the account of your problems with your boat and Lencraft, sorry to here of the trouble you've had. I think I would have gone down there and probably put a baseball bat across both his knees but that's just me, a little primitive but most likely effective after a swing or two...
Old 15 December 2006, 07:20   #44

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
glad to see you fitted the tubes OK ,it does prove that with a lot of patience ,phone calls and hard work even a novice can make a good job .regards paul
Old 17 December 2006, 01:21   #45

Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Gael Force what planet are you on

Ok So I am irish and perhaps I have a small understanding of what Gaelfoce says.
Actually Gaelforce, I am living in Galway and possibly closer that you think.
Why dear friend do you feel the need to try and use Irish.
All these people you are "reaching out" to are lost. perhaps with the exception of the Jackeens.
So if you have something to say in a forum that tends to be very much in the Queens language, please, you are Irish and you have much to contribute,

I really have not a frigging ideas of what you said. SO if you have something to say, stop messing us all about and tell us in a language we understand..
Or else "dun do bheal" I hope that is correct.

aidan
Old 18 December 2006, 09:38   #46

Town: Cork
Boat name: Cúr na dDonnta
Make: Excalibur + Zapcat
Engine: Merc120TDI,Tohatsu50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelforce View Post
bhuel, ár ndóigh, tá dá thaobh ar gach scéal, ach spéisiul go maith do scéalsa, a daibhéid. Is tugaim faoi deara an mhéid a bhi le scriobh ag polwart freisin.
I mightn't put it as stong as Aidan but yeah this forum communicates in English with the option of PMs for private communication rather than 'other' languages. So out of courtesy here's roughly what the post said:

Well there are two sides to every story but yours is fairly special for sure. I also note what Polwart had to say on the subject too.

Since I'm on the post, yes Gaelforce there are indeed two sides and I've only given mine as honestly and as verifiably true as possible. I've also omitted a lot of other potentially negative stuff and tried to stick to the subject of tubes so you only got one side of one subject. Correct me if I'm wrong but conventionally most people only post one side of a story - usually their side. The forum is of course open to anyone and it's apparent that at least most of the serious manufacturers do monitor and/or contribute to this forum.

Everyone on here can make up their own minds what to think of my side, including Polwart, and it's always good to have a 'devil's advocate' in any discussion. In fact we have some world class contrarians on here always ready to pour petrol on any glowing ember of debate which makes for great spectator sport at times!

I've received a lot of support here both on the thread and via PMs and I am very grateful for that. It ultimately led to my boat being sorted properly - thanks Mr. Tilley. What is interesting is that I am substantively not the only Irish customer on here that has received, shall we say, less than stellar service from Lencraft.

Like the use of Irish, there's another cultural factor worthy of comment being somewhat different to the UK environment. Ireland is a very litigious environment compared to the UK and deep pockets can weigh more than being right in our courts. So I appreciate those who posted their experiences both publicly and via PM and particularly understand the reason for PMs. I've put my side 'on paper' and in doing so am willing to defend it as accurate -in any forum - so the next time someone comes here to get tubing recommendations they might be a little better informed.

Better still, maybe I'm not the only 'side' who learned something from this experience.
Old 02 March 2008, 20:39   #47

Boat name: Muzungu
Make: Red Bay 650
Engine: Suzuki 200hp
I sold my Lencraft and bought a Redbay, found Jerry very hard to talk to once I had paid the money, gell coat had new holes every time I put it in the water, consol gell coat also had bubbles. Had a few problems with the Redbay but they fixed them without question, the batery gave up the other day and they sent me a new one.
Old 02 March 2008, 21:25   #48
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Yeah, I looked at a couple of used Lencraft too, and, well, look what I bought! As Daibheid said - it is a very litigious environment.....

.... so 'nuff said.
Old 02 March 2008, 22:25   #49
alt

Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
Wow i'd forgotten about this thread.

How are Lencraft doing these days? I would be interested to see their prices vs. other RIB's. I wouldn't be rushing out the door to buy another Lencraft tbh. Fast hulls, but too bloody light
Old 03 March 2008, 10:01   #50

Boat name: Muzungu
Make: Red Bay 650
Engine: Suzuki 200hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaelforce View Post
Something like
Well, indeed.There's two sides to everything - literally to every story - but especially to stories. I notice the amount that's written "ag polwart" as well. "ag polwart "is not an irish word. No w in irish. Polwart is the surname of a singer.
Old 21 July 2018, 06:47   #51

Town: Dublin
Make: Joker Boat
Engine: Outboard
A quick update.

Lencraft is under completely new management, I dropped my 5.4m down yesterday for some minor repairs to be greeted by a lovely man named Michael who could not have been more knowledgeable or helpful. I reckon that their past failings are behind them.

Sorry but I can only post this in English as my Gaeilge is not up to scratch !!
Old 28 July 2018, 06:16   #52

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddonohoe View Post
A quick update.

Lencraft is under completely new management, I dropped my 5.4m down yesterday for some minor repairs to be greeted by a lovely man named Michael who could not have been more knowledgeable or helpful. I reckon that their past failings are behind them.

Sorry but I can only post this in English as my Gaeilge is not up to scratch !!
This is 10 years later what is going on !