Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
9 mtr humber , nose in the air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim&Linda View Post
great trip and thank you to each and everyone , but i like to ask a question and the reason why i am asking it on here as you might have noticed it or even a photo of it ,
I notice how high the water sprays out at the back of the engine ,but did not notice that on any other rib that was with us , when we going some speed
do you think thats right , it was easy six ft
Tim we noticed that & Sue commented on it. At first glance it looks as if you are trimmed too far out, your bow is very high & you are throwing a (very impressive) "rooster tail" Looking at your boat, you have a lot of weight towards the stern, it might be worth trying to move some weight forward. Check that the engine trim stops aren't set too high, these are the metal pins that go through the engine transom brackets that stop the engines trimming down any further. You might also need to look at lowering your engines if it's possible. What is your WOT & top speed? I'll look through my photos & video & see if I have a shot of you at speed.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2013, 13:23   #2

Town: Crewe
Boat name: BLACK BOSS
Make: humber & searider
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2x200 ETEC & 2x40
MMSI: ex directory
RIBase
Thanks for reply pd , i was not trimmed out at all it was all the way in , its sitting flush with transom , , and that was with 400 ltrs in the front , weight on the back , mmmmm was thinking of throwing them overboard , i think the engines are not deep enough , but thats how the boat been from day one
Old 08 July 2013, 13:29   #3

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
RIBase
Quote:
Thanks for reply pd , i was not trimmed out at all it was all the way in , its sitting flush with transom , , and that was with 400 ltrs in the front , weight on the back , mmmmm was thinking of throwing them overboard , i think the engines are not deep enough , but thats how the boat been from day one
Try & post some piccies of the engines in relation to the bottom of the transom & the keel. Is there any adjustment left on the engines to lower them or are they sat on top of the transom?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 08 July 2013, 13:44   #4

RIBase
i will get some photos and will look myself to make sure , as i am sure that a loss of speed there, but they sit on the transom
Old 08 July 2013, 14:02   #5

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Miss Isle
Make: Solent 6.9
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Something is odd. There's no water in the hull is there? We noticed as we went into the Liffey your bow was really high. Seems to be a lot of weight at the back if the engines are in
Old 08 July 2013, 15:06   #6

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick View Post
Something is odd. There's no water in the hull is there? We noticed as we went into the Liffey your bow was really high. Seems to be a lot of weight at the back if the engines are in
Maybe we should ask Willk to split this into another thread before we get carried away & hijack the cruise thread, agreed?
Old 08 July 2013, 15:53   #7

RIBase
9 mtr humber , nose in the air

there's no water in the hull, there's 2 bilge pumps in the hull that's working , both engines are in and sitting on the transom , there's no bolts or pin that stops it from coming in further on the trim , there's 400 litres of fuel in the front . as some people has also noticed this over the weekend as we went to Ireland , the engines are spraying a large amount of water up in the air and the nose riding high , sorry I don't have any photos but I am sure there's one lurking about ,
Old 08 July 2013, 15:56   #8

RIBase
sorry guys , thought there was a quick answer , but I still agree what a weekend I got photos of everybody's boat they will come on here next couple of days
Old 08 July 2013, 17:38   #9

RIBase
Quote:
sorry guys , thought there was a quick answer , but I still agree what a weekend I got photos of everybody's boat they will come on here next couple of days
Not a problem at all, it just gets a bit confusing if we go wide off topic + the mods get grumpy
Old 08 July 2013, 19:26   #10

RIBase
Quote:
How does it handle? Does it feel like the props are blowing out in the rough? If you put the power on from a standing start do the props cavitate like buggery before they grip? What's your WOT & top speed? questions questions