Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 February 2014, 09:48   #231
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Scott, did you get anywhere with the headsets? Crewsaver 290 Got a cracking deal at the boat show
chased by phone, call hopefully later today!
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 10:26   #232
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Bags arrived today from Gecko. Padded bag is spot-on, waterproof bag is pretty run-of-the-mill tbh. Anyway, no complaints, the helmet was a cracking deal and the Leader of the Opposition can always find something to stow in the little waterproof one.

I've also been investigating headsets and the deal offered to me by Gecko is the best I've been able to find thus far so if you're able to source an Icom M91D compatible set, sub 150, I'd like to be added to any 'bulk deal' you manage to unearth!
__________________

__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 10:31   #233
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Bags arrived today from Gecko. Padded bag is spot-on, waterproof bag is pretty run-of-the-mill tbh. Anyway, no complaints, the helmet was a cracking deal and the Leader of the Opposition can always find something to stow in the little waterproof one. I've also been investigating headsets and the deal offered to me by Gecko is the best I've been able to find thus far so if you're able to source an Icom M91D compatible set, sub 150, I'd like to be added to any 'bulk deal' you manage to unearth!
doing my best
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 14:04   #234
Member
 
Puffin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Argyll
Boat name: Puffin
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235075764
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 147
Got my padded bags today, just the job and very happy with them. Would also be interested in a Coms deal , Icom M91 and headset if any one comes across a good deal then please PM me.

Paul
__________________
Member of the ebay EPIRB club!
Puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 15:43   #235
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Got my padded bags today, just the job and very happy with them. Would also be interested in a Coms deal , Icom M91 and headset if any one comes across a good deal then please PM me. Paul
I have just brought an Icom M71 off flea bay got a bargain for 101.00 so will be looking at the coms headset from Gecko with what I saved

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3518101402.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	91351
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 15:50   #236
SPR
Trade member
 
SPR's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Central Belt of Scotland
Boat name: Puddleduck III
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: 50 HP
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
I have just brought an Icom M71 off flea bay got a bargain for 101.00 so will be looking at the coms headset from Gecko with what I saved

Attachment 91351
OK - will chase again monday - see what i can do...

S.
__________________
SPRmarine / SPRtraining
RYA Training Courses & Safety Equipment Sales
SPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 16:58   #237
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Osprey ViperMax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Etec
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 80
New Mark 11

Missed out on the ebay helmets, so order 2 new mark 11's in matt black which arrived today.

May old Mark 10's had a great finished but the new Mark 11's no so good. Pictures attached.

Did I get the seconds! or is this a normal finish for injection moulding.

Cheers

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (2).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	91353   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (2).jpg
Views:	89
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	91354   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	91355  
__________________
Davidgriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2014, 18:44   #238
Member
 
ppenman's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wickford, Essex
Boat name: Wanderer
Make: Ribeye, Zodiac FR
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F300, 25 2S
MMSI: 235095667
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 219
I bought a couple of black mk11's recently. Their finish is fine.
__________________
ppenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 05:19   #239
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidgriffiths View Post
Missed out on the ebay helmets, so order 2 new mark 11's in matt black which arrived today. May old Mark 10's had a great finished but the new Mark 11's no so good. Pictures attached. Did I get the seconds! or is this a normal finish for injection moulding. Cheers David
They look battered.
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2014, 06:30   #240
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Something seriously amiss there fella. I'm sure you'll get a positive response from Gecko when you get in touch with them.

tbh, they don't even look black(!) but I guess that's the flash from the camera?
__________________

__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.